Songs you can't mix

weird i never seemed to notice this with the drone :S

Play it by itself and then double drop it in standard 16 bar sequence and you will see what I mean. It changes the rhythm that the drone noise creates, it's like 1 beat out or something though, fuck all

I know how to mix yes, when I say 'weirdly' I mean it will sync up with the other tune differently than if you just play it by itself, the drone noise comes in differently. Frustrating trying to type this out but I know exactly what I mean anyway lol

Edit - just listened to it by itself and mixed it with a standardly structured tune and it definitely is different, not that pronounced, doesn't sound wrong or anything, just changes the rhythm slightly

Last edited:
'Frederic Robinson - Laughing at Clouds ' doesn't go well with alot of tracks but double dropped it with 'Japanese Electronics' Commix and it didnt sound too bad.

That's because there are two bars between the end of the piano intro and the start of the bassline. This basically means he wants you to stop the mix before the reese comes in. You're only option is to respect that or start the mix from the start of the bassline and cross your fingers that it'll drop in time. You no excuses mixing a tune into it. Is it the original??

someone posted Watermelon? easy enough to cue from 32 bars or 16 from the drop...find it relatively easy to draw for in a mix, goes well with stacks of tunes I have...

Peshay - Piano Tune. - annoys the hell out of me that I can find about one tune that is anywhere near the same speed.

Wayne mentioned Noisia - The Tide. Impossible to mix through the intro unless your god or some beatmatching alien. Tried it for years now it just sits in a crate of unused vinyl. :/

Another one...Dub Phizix - Rags. Never sits right for me in the mix whatsoever.

Dillinja - Hard Noize. - fair enough its a 32 bar intro but I never get it to be clean enough when it drops (or double dropping with another tune) so I end up playing it safe cueing from the drop and bringing the bass in 16 bars later...zzzz. Mistanoize is one of few mixes I have heard where it is completely clean in the mix, when mixed from the start.

someone posted Watermelon? easy enough to cue from 32 bars or 16 from the drop...find it relatively easy to draw for in a mix, goes well with stacks of tunes I have...

Peshay - Piano Tune. - annoys the hell out of me that I can find about one tune that is anywhere near the same speed.

Wayne mentioned Noisia - The Tide. Impossible to mix through the intro unless your god or some beatmatching alien. Tried it for years now it just sits in a crate of unused vinyl. :/

Another one...Dub Phizix - Rags. Never sits right for me in the mix whatsoever.

Dillinja - Hard Noize. - fair enough its a 32 bar intro but I never get it to be clean enough when it drops (or double dropping with another tune) so I end up playing it safe cueing from the drop and bringing the bass in 16 bars later...zzzz. Mistanoize is one of few mixes I have heard where it is completely clean in the mix, when mixed from the start.

Rags has a 32 bar and one beat intro (the intro has an extra beat), if you cue it from the second beat/tap/bleep this might solve your problem! It might still sit a bit funny in the mix as the drum pattern is nuts but it will drop in time/loop at least

if you guys use cdj's you can just edit the track on audacity. my version of planet dust drops after 4 *16 bars right at the exact place i want it, cut all the other shit

Indeed it is, extra 2 bars at the start are a bitch coupled with the very long intro

Mate you're not meant to mix the intro. The 'duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh dudududududu' fits in the last 2 bars before wherever you wanna start the mix from. Every time the noise comes in you make it slightly louder it's a piece of piss honestly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom