Songs you can't mix

need help with a couple!

Fresh - Cyclon
June Miller- 64 thousand dollar habit!
Both throw me!

One of those that has to be locked from the word go otherwise sounds crappy when that shouty vocal kicks in 16 bars before it drops.

Mixing out of it is ridiculous too...ol' Matty NUERA did a mix a while back with it

64TDH
>>Watermelon
Snorkel

which tbh is the best I have ever heard it in a mix.
that double with Snorkel is about as good as it gets.

Not going for what?

Ok an example is Freenote - Every time i play this using traktor it simply wont lock, i dont know why but it wont! at first the tempo of the tune registered at 130bpm. I then beat grided it and tapped out the beat to get it to 174. I then mix it, and even when i change the tempo etc it still wont stay in lock! Its weird. I dont know if its my beat gridding or not but something aint right. It may be me, ive not had traktor for long and still trying to get used to it. Going from vinyl to digital is not an easy process for an old skool head :)

Not going for what?

Ok an example is Freenote - Every time i play this using traktor it simply wont lock, i dont know why but it wont! at first the tempo of the tune registered at 130bpm. I then beat grided it and tapped out the beat to get it to 174. I then mix it, and even when i change the tempo etc it still wont stay in lock! Its weird. I dont know if its my beat gridding or not but something aint right. It may be me, ive not had traktor for long and still trying to get used to it. Going from vinyl to digital is not an easy process for an old skool head :)

Alright im a vinyl head...wtf is beat grided? sounds a bit fishy to me...

Use your ears. best tool a DJ has.

Not going for what?

yup found your problem.
ur looking at the bpm's ignore them they are incorrect most of time. coming from vinyl u dont need to use these anyway. just beatmatch in the normal way. problem solved.
the programe isn't making the tune faster or slower, u r in control of that.

Use your ears. best tool a DJ has.

Do you know how i can make the pitch tempo range a lot finer? Im using a numark mixtrack pro atm and when i just touch the pitch it just zooms up!! Its well annoying! I would like it a lot finer! Literally i move it the slightist like i would on technics and it just jumps from 174 to 176 and my track goes all over the place!!! It has been annoying trying to get the set up right.

Tempted to buy some more technics and timecode as this Dj controller seems like hard work

i find the second drop of the stray remix of passive aggressive a bit tricky sometimes

there are tunes that sway bpm a bit, i tried mixing some old reggae with dnb, stays locked for about 30 seconds then goes wildly out with no instigation.. so it can happen

I've been experiencing trouble with Icicle's remix of Floating Zero. On that drop out after the first drop phrase the beats slightly gone off the tempo everytime I tried to mix it. But I got used to it so I know I need to give it a little nudge to keep it locked :)

I've been experiencing trouble with Icicle's remix of Floating Zero. On that drop out after the first drop phrase the beats slightly gone off the tempo everytime I tried to mix it. But I got used to it so I know I need to give it a little nudge to keep it locked :)

Yeah I get that too, put me off mixing it

Do you know how i can make the pitch tempo range a lot finer? Im using a numark mixtrack pro atm and when i just touch the pitch it just zooms up!! Its well annoying! I would like it a lot finer! Literally i move it the slightist like i would on technics and it just jumps from 174 to 176 and my track goes all over the place!!! It has been annoying trying to get the set up right.

Tempted to buy some more technics and timecode as this Dj controller seems like hard work

just set the pitch bend in traktor to a more comfortable range?

Thats what im stuck on mate, the settings in traktor are all new to me and ive been playing about to try and get the best settings for dnb but something just dont feel right atm. I miss the confidence i used to have in my 1210's that when they are locked they are sorted and im free to concentrate on my mix, i struggle to get that atm on traktor

i find the second drop of the stray remix of passive aggressive a bit tricky sometimes

there are tunes that sway bpm a bit, i tried mixing some old reggae with dnb, stays locked for about 30 seconds then goes wildly out with no instigation.. so it can happen

that's partly because old reggae isn't computerised so it's just human error

Andy Skopes feat Coerce - Distance From You.

working out cuepoints from 64, 32 & 16 bars haven't exactly been a walk in the park.
The intro must have been double that to the drop probably nearer 128 bars + barely a high-hat to listen to.

Might be a bit different for laptop users. pick your cue point and go...when I first looked at this piece of vinyl I couldnt believe the size of the intro.

Back
Top Bottom