Sanctuary Festival 2008

I'm not going but y'know what would be well funny?

If yawl get together there at some prearranged point when there's no music playing, I dunno maybe after the first rewind during some DJ's set, or when an MC is introducing one of them, ALL of you shout something completely random in unison at the top of your voices.

Do you reckon if you all do it loud enough you could get it on the tape pack?

How funny would that be?

MC: "And now my ravin crew, I would like to introduce the man like"
All of you: "SHEEEEEEEEEP"
MC: "Taxman!"

People would be listening back to that pack for years to come and scratching their heads about that one!

Probs never gonna happen cause everyone would be way too wasted to remember though!

I'm not going but y'know what would be well funny?

If yawl get together there at some prearranged point when there's no music playing, I dunno maybe after the first rewind during some DJ's set, or when an MC is introducing one of them, ALL of you shout something completely random in unison at the top of your voices.

Do you reckon if you all do it loud enough you could get it on the tape pack?

How funny would that be?

MC: "And now my ravin crew, I would like to introduce the man like"
All of you: "SHEEEEEEEEEP"
MC: "Taxman!"

People would be listening back to that pack for years to come and scratching their heads about that one!

Probs never gonna happen cause everyone would be way too wasted to remember though!

lol that would b rather funny

b ace listenin 2 i on he pack

rekon evry1 will b far to fucked tho

Im Goin gana be sick, Me and a fue mates drivin dwn from gloucester. Should meet up, even if its just for a smoke or somethin.

At westfest last year i blew my horn as loud as possable and remembered when it was, Listenin back i was pritty sure it was me,

Its wickid to listen back knowin u were there.

Im Goin gana be sick, Me and a fue mates drivin dwn from gloucester. Should meet up, even if its just for a smoke or somethin.

At westfest last year i blew my horn as loud as possable and remembered when it was, Listenin back i was pritty sure it was me,

Its wickid to listen back knowin u were there.

yeh sounds good, evry1 make sure uve got some phone numbers from the profiles and we'll meet up 4 a cane

found this on dsi posted by slammin

We have had many questions with regards to bringing alcohol and soft drinks to the Sanctuary Festival 2008 and would like to announce our new policy on this.

Previously, no alcohol was to be taken on to site whatsoever.

This still applies to people buying Saturday Only tickets.

However – anyone who has bought a ticket for the Full Weekend with Camping and is arriving on Friday 8th August will be allowed to bring the following amounts for consumption within the campsite.

Firstly there must strictly be NO GLASS of any kind allowed on to the festival site at any time.

Allowance per person:

1 litre of soft drink (Sealed – if seal is broken container will be confiscated)

8 cans of beer, lager, cider or alcopops up to 500ml per can/plastic bottle (Sealed – if seal is broken container will be confiscated)

Quarter bottle of any spirit up to 250ml (bottle must be plastic)

……………………………

There will also be alcohol and soft drinks available to buy on the campsite, which will be at discounted prices.

For example:

Lager and Cider will be priced at the following amounts in the campsite bar tent:

1 can = £2.50

4 cans = £8.00 (£2 per can equivalent)

24 cans (Crate) = £35.00 (£1.45 per can equivalent)

Any drinks brought in to the campsite or bought in the campsite cannot be taken into the main music arena area. There will be bars in the main music arena area.

I hate it when festivals try to hike up their margin by stopping you taking booze in (even limiting it like this is harsh, 8 cans for a weekend?), then 35 quid for a crate once you get in there...

Limiting the amount of sealed soft drinks is a fucking joke too, I know there will be free water and all, but that dies nothing for your blood sugar...

And the whole "no drink in the main arena" thing pisses me off too - I know they've got to make their money and all, but it's just a really officious way of going about it...

Rant over!

I think its fair play to them - if they didnt have the rules they would make fuck all money from drinks as everyone would just bring their 20-crates. But if they are charging £3.50+ for a warm pint of watered down piss then that's moody!

only 1 litre of soft drink? i mean WTF?

and what happens if you bring vodka in a soft drink bottle, will they not allow it as the bottles seal is broken or what? all these rules are sounding a bit ridiculous...

and £2.50 for a single can! that pretty much forces you to buy 24-packs...it better be some nice 5% continental lager shizzle and not no carling piss water beer....

I think its fair play to them - if they didnt have the rules they would make fuck all money from drinks as everyone would just bring their 20-crates. But if they are charging £3.50+ for a warm pint of watered down piss then that's moody!

Yeah, I know they have to make their money, and there's nothing that can be done about that, I just think it doesn't set the punters and the event off on a good foot so wish that they could find some way around this at festivals...

Some festivals have no limits on how much booze you can bring and let you take it wherever you want in the festival - big chill, Glasto etc...

However these festivals don't have a large beer sponsor - I'll bet that's the real reason that you can't take your booze in - someone like Carling has agreed to give the festival organisers a lot of money on the proviso that no other booze is sold in the arena, people are limited as to what they can bring... etc etc...

Course then Carling get to go around saying that they're proud sponsors of this that and the other when you know fine well they're making a good margin, getting great exposure, and ending up in the black on the whole thing...

Meanwhile us punters have to put up with bag searches, booze limits and having to drink their watered down warm piss in a cup at the fucking thing...

IMO Carling only detract enjoyment from live music, and make money from it...

They can shove their proud sponsorship up their collective asses and fuck off whilst they're doing it!

Rant over now, definately!

Balls, I just realised what a rant that was...

I still get a bit anti corporate at times, listened to too much rage against the machine when I was a kid...

Feel free to ignore my "smash the system" bollocks!

urrgh, carling

its usually carlsberg & strongbow @ this event (homelands/hifi etc.) but i didnt go last year so i dunno what slammin have got are offering

harsh on the amount of alcohol u can take but doesnt look like theres a limit of how many bags of white powder u can bring :lol:

thats 3 staple drinks of britains alcoholic choice

wot wud u rather have?

lol

Mean Fiddler are the worst of all the festival organisers for general corporate cuntishness

If you are at all interested in live music, you will have come across the Mean Fiddler. From the original 'Mean Fiddler' club founded in 1982 in Harlesden, North London, its owner Vince Power has moved swiftly to bring almost all the key London venues (from the Jazz Café to the Astoria) and festivals around the country under the Mean Fiddler banner.

Power has been promoting festivals since salvaging Reading in the early Nineties. Now his domain stretches from Reading to Leeds, the Finsbury Park Fleadh to the Tribal Gathering, Homelands, Deconstruction and the National Adventure Sports show. The only jewel missing from his crown has been Glastonbury Festival.

Glastonbury is an especially big coup for Power after a knock back last August, when institutional shareholders failed to take an interest in the floatation of Mean Fiddler Holdings. They were trying to raise the money for a reverse takeover of meanfiddler.com, Power's digital TV and ticket sales business.

Much of the success of the Mean Fiddler rests with Vince Power himself (he owns around 60% of the company). His early style won him no friends among agents and managers, as he went direct to the artists themselves; cutting out the middleman. Tales of his cut-throat capitalist approach abound; from being one of the first organisations to charge support bands to play in London, to promoting the 'taps off - expensive water' scenario that came to characterise commercial rave venues (now thankfully illegal). It is now commonplace to have the bottle of water in your bag removed by security at Power's gigs. People have died at raves of dehydration. Power is also the only promoter from outside the USA to beat the powerful American music unions and run American music festivals. In a recent Observer interview he explained how he managed this,

'The unions wanted to put 10 blokes on your budget when one bloke can do the same job…I had all that in the first year, but we got it sorted out. A lot of the leaders of unions are Irish, so we could talk'.

It is this way of exerting influence that has earned Power and his organisation the nickname of 'the Murphia'.

Warning bells should be ringing in Eavis's ears. Time and again Power has proved a troublesome business partner. In a recent Observer interview, he crows about how he salvaged and then shafted Harold Pendleton, the previous promoter of Reading Festival. Through his enthusiasm and contacts, Power got the Reading Festival back on track, but when Pendleton wanted to go it alone, Power cried vengeance. He responded first through inaugurating the Pheonix Festival in 1993. Then he secretly bought the land on which the Reading Festival is held, applied for a license and told Pendleton to take a hike. He also had a major falling out with music promoters, Universe, over the Tribal Gathering (see below).

Don't forget the 2.50 cans are CAMPSITE prices.... and campsite drinks cannot be taken into the main arena, which will no doubt be selling cans for more than 2.50.

Still, steps can easily be taken to avoid these taxes I'm sure ;)

lol

Mean Fiddler are the worst of all the festival organisers for general corporate cuntishness

Don't forget the 2.50 cans are CAMPSITE prices.... and campsite drinks cannot be taken into the main arena, which will no doubt be selling cans for more than 2.50.

Still, steps can easily be taken to avoid these taxes I'm sure ;)

Yeah Mean Fiddler lives up to it's name - Vince Power is one hell of a ruthless businessman, who makes sure that the Festivals that they run make abseloutely the maximum amount of profit - huge deals with Carling that I mentioned earlier, heavy security (usually recruited from a firm up in Glasgow whose employees look like a Neo Nazi group), fences fucking everywhere, wristband check points, bag searches, high prices...

People still have a great time and enjoy themselves, the acts see to that, but it's not like at other festivals where the organisers and the punters have a feeling of unity and mutual respect, there's very much a them and us attitude...

In the late 90's early 00's I went to the Leeds festival several years in a row, EVERY time on the last night the place went fucking mental ALL the portaloos in every campsite were burned to the ground (I'll never forget that smell!) and riot police had to come and charge the crowd to clam things down...

Mean Fiddler, gotta love 'em!

Yeah Mean Fiddler lives up to it's name - Vince Power is one hell of a ruthless businessman, who makes sure that the Festivals that they run make abseloutely the maximum amount of profit - huge deals with Carling that I mentioned earlier, heavy security (usually recruited from a firm up in Glasgow whose employees look like a Neo Nazi group), fences fucking everywhere, wristband check points, bag searches, high prices...

People still have a great time and enjoy themselves, the acts see to that, but it's not like at other festivals where the organisers and the punters have a feeling of unity and mutual respect, there's very much a them and us attitude...

In the late 90's early 00's I went to the Leeds festival several years in a row, EVERY time on the last night the place went fucking mental ALL the portaloos in every campsite were burned to the ground (I'll never forget that smell!) and riot police had to come and charge the crowd to clam things down...

Mean Fiddler, gotta love 'em!

lol sound like a right riot

Back
Top Bottom