Rob the trusty steed - Death Dance Redone

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by whiterob81, Mar 3, 2013.

1. whiterob81

whiterob81 Member

Hi all, posted a track last week but redid it based on feedback i got here. Anyways, here's the redone version and I'm interested to know what people here think.

2. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

not my style but overall decent mixdown and production. idk it isnt my area so I cant give any real song structure advice but the levels are nice.

one thing would be nice to hear is a punchy kick as there really is no audible punch on your kick. find better samples, transient shapers, compressors etc. but i kinda like it with the weak kick.... fuck it idk im tired as hell haha

3. pattycake

pattycake Member

sounds muddy, too much random sub and not really any defined groove learn some music theory and work on structure and all the rest

4. whiterob81

whiterob81 Member

Hey W3st, thanks for that. It's probably the first positive feedback I've gotten here so I must be starting to do something right!

Hey pattycake, thanks for listening. I'll have a listen back and see what the story is with the sub. I am gonna disagree with you on 1 thing, I think my grasp of music theory's pretty good. It's the only part of this whole thing that I'm not unsure of