Rib Cage (working title)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Jolly Jumpa, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

2. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

mate really feeling this but the mixdown is really hold it back... the drum work is pretty incredible tbh, it would make me go mad in a club!! but i think the mixdown is holding this tune back from its full potential !

3. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

Not to be a nilly nab but what exactly do you mean?

4. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

i think this is sounding pretty damn good:)

5. ~CriticalWaves~

~CriticalWaves~ Member

the tune sounds really good and im feelin it for the most part but your drop was a little abrupt for me and im feelin what lucid said, your mix down is a little off things come in at akward times and well everythings there but needs to be put it in the right place its a little erratic at points, and your break down is tight but really long imo. It would be kinda awkard to play. Just put it down again and eq a little better!

6. conclude

conclude Member

Woo. Fat tune man! I like it.

7. jonl

jonl Member

I think the crash is too loud on the drops, drums a bit low overall, just a tiny bit i rate. You got the vibe tho, cant take that away from ya. Sounds quite pro.

Enjoyed it

8. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

Feelin it, very nice.
    To be honest tho you wanna get a copy of Cubase or Logic and get this sounding tight.

9. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

Are you tlaking about the first drop being abrupt? Or second?
    About things coming in at akward times, could you be a little more specific (time wise)?
    I know the ending of the first drop is very sudden, and I think you're right it needs a little shortening (due to the length it already is) and I hate to say it, but maybe the second bassline/drop needs shortening to help the flow of the end of the first drop?

Yea, definitely, that's the one thing I didn't figure out before I put it up. Thanks.

lol I haven't got a lot of money right now mate, but I have heard many a good praise from them. Reason 5/Record 1.5 is amazing but it lacks in mastering capabilities. Thanks though, preciate it.

But in your opinion what needs to be eqed? The high frequencies? The mid? Because the advice is there, I just need the specifics. Thanks.

10. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

Sorry for double posting, but I'm almost finished the tune, I'll upload it in a few days. I think it's little tweaks have made it that much better, but I'd like your opinion. Wait and see.
    Thanks

11. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

Alright the new version is up, and I'd like for you guys to drill down on the things needed to be done and whatnot. Eg. I think some of the vocals actually don't need a reverb and should be added volume (working on right now). Or something to that effect. :shades:

Check it out!
    Thanks in advance!
    Steve

12. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

you're fiddling with too much reverb in this tune all over it
    also just, get your drums sounding higher. Layer snares on top of the break you have going along; and as I said, avoid taking so much reverb on it, good work anyway =)

13. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

Alright, this will be my last upload, gimme your last views. Not much has changed so if not don't worry about it. Thanks.

14. Jolly Jumpa

Jolly Jumpa Dj Synergex

Uploaded, hopefully, a fatter tune. Tried to get another snare in, more sub... yea, let me know!
    Thanks
    Steve