recording a mix to logic.

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
any one ever record a mix into logic? if so is it easy? or am i best off sticking with audacity and windows? i currently use the external mic outputto record straight into audacity, but wana start uysing my mac book for everything music wise. any help would be shhaweet. x

any one ever record a mix into logic? if so is it easy? or am i best off sticking with audacity and windows? i currently use the external mic outputto record straight into audacity, but wana start uysing my mac book for everything music wise. any help would be shhaweet. x

you can use audacity on mac

yeah i would just use audacity on the mac.
it can be done with logic. i think there is a limit on how long you can record tho. tbh your not gonna get any better result using it and its more complicated.

So many retards.. Its a piece of piss to record into logic and there isnt a limit, the only limit is the space on your hard drive.

All you have to do is set your Audio preferences to use the Built In Mic (default), use a stereo audio track, enable Input monitoring and hit record.

All you have to do is set your Audio preferences to use the Built In Mic (default), use a stereo audio track, enable Input monitoring and hit record.
stand back.
theres science in this shit

So many retards.. Its a piece of piss to record into logic and there isnt a limit, the only limit is the space on your hard drive.

Tried this man, went into system preferences, hit internal mic, opened logic, hit new project, clicked Audio, changed format to Stereo, made sure input monitoring was clicked. kept output to the 1-2 one default i think. Still no joy mate. Also tried Audacity and it doesnt let you change the input from mic so it sounds shit.

I have tried both ways with both external soundcard and straight into the headphones input (knew this wouldnt work anyway!)

maybe its my soundcard do you think?

ah nah its not system prefs, its the prefs within logic. you dont need a soundcard to record, ive always used my mic in and its never been a problem.. ding me if you want man!

the newer macbooks don't have headphone slot input/output. i record thru my soundcard via usb. pain in the arse

If its a new Mac you can just go in: System Preferences / Sound / Output / then change 'Use Audio Port for:' to 'Sound Input', adjust the gain level from there and then Audacity should pick up there is an sound input and let you choose line in.

Don't know if this would be any different if your using Serato etc

Just to clarify, what macbook do you have exactly? cos someone did say you can change the headphone port to be an input or something

Fuck sake!! Grand laptop aswel! Oh well what soundcard do u use mate?

I use traktor audio 10 but there must be an input on your sound card that can connect with the output of your mixer. What sound card do you have? I had this same problem when I got my MacBook. Stupid it is.

Back
Top Bottom