Possible to mix without headphones?

some tunes ive got on cd dont start rite away so its impossible
they got a few seconds delay before the tune begins and i aint got them cdjs with the waveform kinda thing

Yeah it is possible, my mate did a technics dj course in London years ago and one of the things they taught him was how to mix without headphones just encase they break and you dont have a back up pair

BPM counters are accurate when mixing house cause the waveform is so uniform, so I see how it's possible to mix house without headphones. Don't think it's possible with breakbeat/dnb as you can't always get an accurate BPM reading.

A DJ without headphones is just wrong!

point is, anyone listening to house obviously doesn't really like music anyway?

my-head-is-shaped-like-a-dick-your-argument-is-invalid.jpg

Ive done it without earphones before, me and my mate used to set up 4 or 5 decks and have a mix together, like a 3 deck mix but tighter as someone is always keeping it in. He uses cd's and i use vinyl, we never had a headphone splitter so i used to use the lights on the mixer to cue up and then used the sound made between the vinyl and needle to mix. Obviously this wouldnt work at extreme volumes.

Also its strange how this thread was made and pretty much at the same time the fake andy c posted this....hmmmmmm :carlton:

coincedence maybe?

2moro nite @lostinbristol I'm gonna neck 10 chinswingers then have a mix without headphones. Double triple drops coming your way Andy style

big respect to him, he's learnt his craft to perfection, I see no reason not believe him either, most musicians learn their instruments to the point where they dont have to think about it, they just do it, their fingers know where to go and when to go there, dont see why someone with enough dedication cant do that on the decks to

hainvg said that, i have seen several djs put album cd's into the cdj's before now, one even played a full album of a live act that was about to play on the same stage lol stupid cunt

as previously said.. he mixes house.. if hes using 2000s just match bpm, stare at waveform, press play, cue 3 minute intro to play 6 minute of main theme followed by a 3 minute outro. mixinghouseishardamirite

as previously said.. he mixes house.. if hes using 2000s just match bpm, stare at waveform, press play, cue 3 minute intro to play 6 minute of main theme followed by a 3 minute outro. mixinghouseishardamirite

nonsense.

Not that I give a fuck about SHM but it would appear that chunks of their sets (if not all) are pre recorded. Looks like whole sections of dance music are sliding towards Spice Girls territory...

I'd love to have been there when pop started to go pre recorded and the arguments were changing to excuse that kind of nonsense (it's all about the performance/stage show/fireworks/dancing but certainly not lack of ability etc). Looks like that time's come around again!

http://forums.swedishhousemafia.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8047

Last edited:
there is no way he could do a tight mix without headphones, even if the bpm counters say the same number u need the bpms to be within about 0.05 of a bpm for it to stay tight for any reasonable amount of time. I reckon SHM either prerecord their whole sets or have loads of sections recorded in 10-15 minute sections and one of them will just do a mix every 10 minutes by pressing play at the right time and as they are all pre pitched they can then take the headphones off and just mess around with the mixer and pour champagne everywhere

there used to be called a site called deadact.com.. was all about djs pretending to mix and do live shows etc

its gone now tho, was some great stuff

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

wow shm are a bunch of cunts... hate that shit

This is what I was expecting actually but He was switching tracks pretty quick for house standards, prob was playing 25 an hour with a couple teasers. Quite alot he was mixing immediately that it never got to the second breakdown.

convinced this guy always plays a ready mixed set..... and is doing totally fuck all just playing with the mixer

Pitch % = (BPM Tune 1 - BPM Tune 2) / (BPM Tune 1) *100

I ve all the BPM's for my tunes which makes mixing easier and quicker

the fuck does that mean!?

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

this guy sounds liek such a tit also!

"think all of u who think so should stop being such haters and come see for yourself .. I play the same records everyday I don't need to listen to what I do .. Its my party trick and respect that instead of hating on it"

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Not that I give a fuck about SHM but it would appear that chunks of their sets (if not all) are pre recorded. Looks like whole sections of dance music are sliding towards Spice Girls territory...

I'd love to have been there when pop started to go pre recorded and the arguments were changing to excuse that kind of nonsense (it's all about the performance/stage show/fireworks/dancing but certainly not lack of ability etc). Looks like that time's come around again!

http://forums.swedishhousemafia.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8047

:word: this!! the video from that thread has even been removed by request of the company

Back
Top Bottom