Pendulum boo'ed at DnB awards & Valve soundsystem

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck off about enter shikari.
half of their music is just playback.

they dont load the interluede parts into a synth and play them.
they load it into a sampler.

live music is about playing music through instruments and being able to adjust the speed or how hard you play depending on the crowd and atmosphere.

when you play a 40second sample the whole band has to sync with it.
they are shit and i find the vocals annoying and alot of their music is just gay

Fair play... their intro's are long....But how many live Drum and bass acts don't use samples?? it's pretty damn hard to reproduce the sound you have created on a track live.

What I was aiming at was the mixing of genre's!!

Pendulums new stuff isn't cutting edge in my mind... Now The Qemists have hit the nail on the head in their new album...

Pendulum have created some absolute anthems and great Labels too... Every dog has it's day... I think theirs is over.. when it comes to creating tracks....

also breakbeat kaos made pendulum...fresh made pendulum

If anyone is to blame its fucking Grooverider. Grooverider made Prototype, Prototype made Bad Company, Bad Company made Fresh, Fresh made Breakbeat Kaos, Breakbeat Kaos made Pendulum, Pendulum destroyed humanity.

Grooverider destroyed humanity.

Fair play... their intro's are long....But how many live Drum and bass acts don't use samples?? it's pretty damn hard to reproduce the sound you have created on a track live.

What I was aiming at was the mixing of genre's!!

Pendulums new stuff isn't cutting edge in my mind... Now The Qemists have hit the nail on the head in their new album...

Pendulum have created some absolute anthems and great Labels too... Every dog has it's day... I think theirs is over.. when it comes to creating tracks....

i meant they just use playback, not like london elektricity where they actually cut samples up, load them onto a korg and play them asif it was an instrument.
they can speed up and slow down and do allsorts with it.

i booed, admittedly, hold your colour was i am afriad one of the most epic albums of all time... i hated their new one, i apreciate what they are trying to do, but why not do some other stuff that would be worth the award, i spoke to the risky from dnb arena and he asked me what the biggest shock was out of all the awards and i said pendulum, i was mashed. he looked pissed off with the comment and i understand why, you gotta take into consideration all of the decent shit they did in the past...

what??? as if..after slam they went shit

Agreed, but they have made some SICK tunes

Still Grey
The Terminal
Vault / Vault VIP
Masochist
Another Planet

Even Slam got rinsed by Andy C as his first tune, and it was sick.

Btw I failed to see the sarcasm is your original statement, thats why I said there was alot wrong with it

I thought you were actually serious that you thought dnb would die without Pendulum lol

If anyone is to blame its fucking Grooverider. Grooverider made Prototype, Prototype made Bad Company, Bad Company made Fresh, Fresh made Breakbeat Kaos, Breakbeat Kaos made Pendulum, Pendulum destroyed humanity.

Grooverider destroyed humanity.

Well actually Doc Scott was the first person to sign them (to 31 records)

I know alot of people into Pendulum, but then these people aren't exactly dnb fans either. Just Pendulum fans after In Silico came out :P

I find it hard to hate on Pendulum because after all... if your a dnbhead In Silico will never be your thing, but Pendulum made Slam, and Vault, and Masochist, and Another Planet lol, all awesome tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom