Pendulum boo'ed at DnB awards & Valve soundsystem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah is Article does the job!!

I came to drum and bass from a Rock and Metal Back ground. I was searching for a new sound and Drum and Bass did that for me. Hold your Colour really was the album that made that transition for me. I still enjoy it. It's get most of the DnB genre's in it..

I still have a lot of respect for Pendulum for what they have brought to the scene.

I do however not like that fact that when they play a Dj set, they don't seem to use any vinyl, just a laptop. I used to enjoy their sets, but they don't seem to go anywhere!!

I am all about mixing genre's and can't get enough, but Silico in my eye's is regression!!

If they were really gonna make an impression I think they should ahve taken some influence From Enter Shikari , they have really honed in on how to mix genres. Believe me I toured with them before they went huge!!!

I think Pendulum got boo'd maily coz people feel they have been let down..

5x8htd.jpg

SOME DICKHEAD FROM PENDULUM said:
“Okay, I’ve had just about enough of this.

“I don’t mind when people aren’t particularly fond of our tracks - with every tune we make I go through different stages of loving it and hating it, so I can empathise with pretty much every comment made so far.

“The only comments I don’t get are the ones saying we’ve ‘sold out’.

“I define ‘selling out’ as not only making music for profit, but also making ANYTHING you don’t really want to make for ANY reason (including fame, pleasing fans, staying true to a genre, or un-necessarily repeating yourself out of fear of progression).

“The only way I think I could have really ‘sold myself out’ is if I had made any more tracks that sounded like vault / another planet / still grey etc.

“Those tunes are cool for what they are, but I’ve moved on in both my musical taste / influences, and my ambitions for this group…

“If you want to blame anyone for our change in direction, blame Led Zeppelin, The Shadows, The Surf Coasters, Dead Kennedys, Dick Dale, Howlin’ Wolf, Weather Report, Tool, In Flames, Herb Alpert, Underoath and all the other stuff I’ve been listening to instead of drum and bass.

“We have fended the vultures off this project so much that it would probably fill a novel if I tried to explain it all.

“All I’ll say is, I wanted to make every single thing we’ve ever put out.

“Saying we ‘sold out’ is talking out your ass.

“I never wanted to make straight up dnb — it was never on the cards.

“Oh, and by the way - I’m not sure if drum and bass is dead or dying (I’ve been in the studio / on tour too long to tell).

“However, if your genre was flimsy enough to be knocked over by ONE SINGLE RECORDING ARTIST who happened to - god forbid - sell some fucking records for the first time in about 5/6 years, then I’m glad it was us that got to drive the final stake through its stale pig shit heart - and good riddance.

“Wake me up when your genre is making something that people outside the scene think is worth listening to again.’[/SIZE]

/END THREAD!!

PENDULUM/END THREAD/DNB INVENTORS/END THREAD/PIONEERS/END THREAD/MMA FIGHTERS/END THREAD/ANDY C

fuck off about enter shikari.
half of their music is just playback.

they dont load the interluede parts into a synth and play them.
they load it into a sampler.

live music is about playing music through instruments and being able to adjust the speed or how hard you play depending on the crowd and atmosphere.

when you play a 40second sample the whole band has to sync with it.
they are shit and i find the vocals annoying and alot of their music is just gay

Pendulum are swag

What!??

are we referencing them to a swag valance?? if we are.. then id agree.... (The fabric of this valance hangs across brackets and drapes over the top of a window, with tails hanging down on each side. Almost any type of fabric can be used.)

all my vinyl burnt but most of the pendulum ones survived.
true story.

ive been mixing tarantula with guns at dawn and it actually sounds pretty sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom