Pendulum.. big live

I thought their new EP was ok.

Not somthing I'd buy, but a lot better than there last two singles, and as good as a lot of their earlier stuff imo. I think they're pretty naff, a D&B limp bizkit, but as naff dancefloor tunes go, they're pretty good. Actually... limp bizkit were quite an ammusing live act from what I remember.

limp biscuit are so much better than pendulum live...if pendulums stuff was harder maybe it would sound ok

but all i would say is that i cant wait to see em live ..and... dnb needs people like Pendulum to push things in new directions..

I saw them live with the Dirty Sanchez stage show in bournemouth a couple of months ago, the music was wank but the whole show was fuckin funny :lol:

FUCK ME, it Goes off when they play "Voodoo People", looks seriously heavy! wud love to see em play that!
too many emo's in the crowd for me! none ov em know how to rave
looks like a top set tho!
didn't know it was Rob singing, nuff effects on his voice!
shame that MC cant spit 4 his life!

Last edited:
Yeah your right.... lol...

but all i would say is that i cant wait to see em live ..and... dnb needs people like Pendulum to push things in new directions..
Yeah I saw them live in Bournemouth a while back, was good!

Will defo go see them again when they do an album tour.

That video doesnt do their live show justice. One, its a load of shitty pop fans who are just standing there. When I saw them in Manchester on friday every single person, front to back, side to side were going absolutley fuckin mental! Also they have a MASSIVE light show for the back drop of the stage and on that video they just have a video screen.
The only downside was all the Dickhead Pendulum fans with no ettiqute at all! They were just shoving people out of the way in the que etc and I even saw a fight in the middle of the crowd!
I love Pendulum but I hate pendulum fans!

And yeah Verse must be fuckin LOVIN it!!! They should have stuck with Jakes IMO.

Last edited:
i think pendulum should just admit there not drum n bass nemore there a rock/pop band

it ennoys me when people i know are all sayin pendulum are the best thing thats happened to drum n bass n that they dint like drum n bass until they heard this people are talkin out their ass they wouldnt last 5 minutes listenin to proper drum n bass

I liked a lot of Pendulums old stuff, but gotta agree that they aren't really dnb anymore. And I'm not really feeling their new style. Obviously a lot of people are, judging by the amount of new fans they're getting. But are these fans the sort of people who start liking bands because Zane Lo or Jo Whiley say they're good and they think its cool?! Don't suppose Pendulum really care as they will be making ££££££££ and playing to huge crowds!

A lot of people are saying good things about their live show though and I thought I'd give it ago and we booked tickets back in Feb for Saturday nights gig at the Brixton Academy. Due to various problems (most being lack of money) no-one can go so I'm flogging our tickets on ebay if anyone did fancy checking 'em out http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?p=267736#post267736

goldie??? are u mad?

in a sense i think so.. they have shaped what dnb is today and their sound can be heard across teh board.. think dnb was very different pre Pendulum

they effected it in a different way to Goldie but i think they can be viewed as having almost as big an effect on the scene. They havnt created any music as amazing as his IMO but they have pushed the scene with as much force albeit with the help of outside influences rather than insular ones.

And they are pioneers! Of course they are they are!! breaking boundaries with what they are doing bringning dnb or a hybried of dnb to a wide audience whetehr you like it or not is irrelevant. Like i said im not a huge fan of their music but i cant deny their effect

Last edited:
in a sense i think so.. they have shaped what dnb is today and their sound can be heard across teh board.. think dnb was very different pre Pendulum

they effected it in a different way to Goldie but i think they can be viewed as having almost as big an effect on the scene. They havnt created any music as amazing as his IMO but they have pushed the scene with as much force albeit with the help of outside influences rather than insular ones.

And they are pioneers! Of course they are they are!! breaking boundaries with what they are doing bringning dnb or a hybried of dnb to a wide audience whetehr you like it or not is irrelevant. Like i said im not a huge fan of their music but i cant deny their effect

seems reasonable

They might have affected the scene, but people like Goldie, Fabio & Grooverider created the scene in the first place.

I don't think we can simply say Pendulum shaped what dnb is today because dnb has so many different genres. They shaped a part of dnb. Pendulums style is completely different to Metalheadz, Hospital, etc.

hey I'm new in this kind of music so I was wandering.. I like pendulum and can you guys and girls recommend me something like pendulum.??? thanks

Back
Top Bottom