Pendulum.. big live

They don't get my disrespect for not playing straight-up dnb or for evolving dnb. They get me disrespect for playing crap blatantly-targetted emo rock.

The Prodigy were constantly evolving their music but keeping it all quality (until say 2000) and fair play to Pendulum if they can achieve the same degree of popularity but we have enough crap emo bands as it is.

I was defending Pendulum until I heard Propane Nightmares. They can stick their emo rock up their ass.

I'm off to listen to some Rage Against The Machine.

:word:

right..

For those who slag of Pendulum... can you blame them for wanting to play these kind of crowds? See how well it works live??!! And im sorry but that music is far better produced, put togetehr and executed than 99% of dnb (Hazard included .. ;) lol )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2008/artists/pendulum/

I rest my case.

Verse must be loving it!

Yeah i see this too,they smashed it more then that old hag Madonna did :rslayer:

I have alot of respect for Pendulum. Big ups to the guys. Have known Rob from day one. Way before they even started writing Vault. They are some seriously talented guys! What other name in dnb can you say that have come into the scene after only writing dnb for 2 maybe 3 years, smashing it up..... pretty much turning dnb into what it is today and then taking their sound to the public...... creating a million pound album...... then deciding to take their sound live....... getting booked to play at the best festivals in the world....... creating a new album....... which already has sold loads........ and having millions of people talking about them on forums......... good or bad... its still publicity.

Now........ you tell me another dnb artist who has done the same??? hhmmmmmmm oh yeh you cant!

Fair enough if you just dont like Pendulum cause your not feeling their sound...... but far too many people are just jumping on the whole "I hate Pendulum" bandwagon.......... its getting abit boring now!... go get yourself your own opinion!

That reminds me...... Bandwagon Blues..... im gonna get that out of the crate..... forgot about that track! hahahahaha.... or maybe Blandwagon Poos??? hmmmmmm

Convince me then that In Silico is quality alternative rock/electronic music.

No need to convince. Im sure that you have a genuin opinion on Pendulum and the music they make. Im also sure that your not just jumping on the "I Hate Pendulum" bandwagon.

I will be the first to admit Pendulums new tracks are shabby..... but the fact still remains...... they broke the mould when they came into dnb.... they pushed boundries and helped shape dnb to what it is today...... just a shame that they arent doing the same at the moment.

I have alot of respect for Pendulum. Big ups to the guys. Have known Rob from day one. Way before they even started writing Vault. They are some seriously talented guys! What other name in dnb can you say that have come into the scene after only writing dnb for 2 maybe 3 years, smashing it up..... pretty much turning dnb into what it is today and then taking their sound to the public...... creating a million pound album...... then deciding to take their sound live....... getting booked to play at the best festivals in the world....... creating a new album....... which already has sold loads........ and having millions of people talking about them on forums......... good or bad... its still publicity.

Now........ you tell me another dnb artist who has done the same??? hhmmmmmmm oh yeh you cant!

Fair enough if you just dont like Pendulum cause your not feeling their sound...... but far too many people are just jumping on the whole "I hate Pendulum" bandwagon.......... its getting abit boring now!... go get yourself your own opinion!

That reminds me...... Bandwagon Blues..... im gonna get that out of the crate..... forgot about that track! hahahahaha.... or maybe Blandwagon Poos??? hmmmmmm

They are able to sell out all the concerts because they have evolved their music to cater for radio 1 listeners. I don't see a problem with making a cheesey tune every now and again, it adds variety. Fresh does it now and then, Shy FX has done it but they also have more variety than just the same sounding tunes.

I agree that loads of people blatantly jump on the hating pendulum bandwagon. I dont hate pendulum, I just cant take their new music seriously.

They have had an effect on the dnb scene, that cannot be argued but they will never be in the same league as Bukem, Moving Shadow, Goldie, High Contrast & Ram. Pendulum will never have an impact like these guys have had. Those guys will still be as highly respected in the next decade as they are now. IMO they have a lasting sound rather than a trend which will come and go.

They have had an effect on the dnb scene, that cannot be argued but they will never be in the same league as Bukem, Moving Shadow, Goldie, High Contrast & Ram. Pendulum will never have an impact like these guys have had. Those guys will still be as highly respected in the next decade as they are now. IMO they have a lasting sound rather than a trend which will come and go.

They have had as big an effect on the scene than any of those people.

I will be the first to admit Pendulums new tracks are shabby..... but the fact still remains...... they broke the mould when they came into dnb.... they pushed boundries and helped shape dnb to what it is today...... just a shame that they arent doing the same at the moment.

Well then we agree. Old Pendulum (up to and including Hold Your Colour - with a couple of exceptions on that album and perhaps a few later) quality, well produced and innovative. New Pendulum = shabby in musical terms.

Well then we agree. Old Pendulum (up to and including Hold Your Colour - with a couple of exceptions on that album and perhaps a few later) quality, well produced and innovative. New Pendulum = shabby in musical terms.

Very true! Its a shame. You know what the problem is... i think...... is that they have found a formulae that can make them money.... its a sound that is easily identifiable in a club..... you always know a Pendulum track...... which in some ways can be good...... but it must be a bit boring for them writing tunes to the same formula all the time.......... what im looking forward to is when they actually start pushing themselves a bit more......... Thats when Pendulum will take the spot...... becoming innovative once again.

But i wont hold my breathe

Last edited:
They have had as big an effect on the scene than any of those people.

Only time will tell. If they are selling out tours all over the globe in ten years time then I will be wrong to say they are not in the same league as those guys.

lokki, you're fighting a battle you're never going to win here mate. I'm a fan of Pendulum but I keep it to myself!

I have to agree with you though, Pendulum had a huge effect on D&B when they broke through.

Very true! Its a shame. You know what the problem is... i think...... is that they have found a formulae that can make them money.... its a sound that is easily identifiable in a club..... you always know a Pendulum track...... which in some ways can be good...... but it must be a bit boring for them writing tunes to the same formula all the time.......... what im looking forward to is when they actually start pushing themselves a bit more......... Thats when Pendulum will take the spot...... becoming innovative once again.

But i wont hold my breathe

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

lokki, you're fighting a battle you're never going to win here mate. I'm a fan of Pendulum but I keep it to myself!

I have to agree with you though, Pendulum had a huge effect on D&B when they broke through.

Yeah your right.... lol...

but all i would say is that i cant wait to see em live ..and... dnb needs people like Pendulum to push things in new directions..

I thought their new EP was ok.

Not somthing I'd buy, but a lot better than there last two singles, and as good as a lot of their earlier stuff imo. I think they're pretty naff, a D&B limp bizkit, but as naff dancefloor tunes go, they're pretty good. Actually... limp bizkit were quite an ammusing live act from what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom