original sin... over-rated?

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
what are peeps thoughts on original sin? i assume they will get massive respect on here...

i think that despite having top notch production values, there new tunes are mostly cheesy and boring! :rolleyes:

discuss...

i'd agree with that to an extent! dont get me wrong i've purchased quite a few of his tracks! However id like to hear more stuff like solar than his usual which all sound rather similar!

can-o-worms.gif

i dnt think hes overrated at all hes been one of the mains dons of jump up for years even back i the g dub days. its all a matter of opinoun but i love his productions well 80% nearly evey song he releases i love

Yeah this is bound to be a spamalot topic.

I'm gonna try to sound positive, unlike how every other post in this thread is gonna go:

He's certainly proven over the past six months that he's less overrated than I thought he was.

I don't even think his tunes are cheesy or boring, at first listen I go nuts to most of them, but somehow they all grow old to me very quickly.

Last edited:
original sin is tenfold better than 99% of dj's out there no question, anyone who disagrees knows nothing about drum and bass or dj'ing

i troll u

I don't even think the tunes are cheesy or boring, but somehow they all grow old to me very quickly.

some guy who (i expect buys his tunes) said he's 'rinsed it and bored of it already' or something to that effect.

says it all when your fans get bored of your tunes that quickly.

makes a LOT of throw away stuff, but he's still capable of putting out good, catchy dancefloor orrientated stuff.

in all fairness, don't be silly/cheater cheater was a solid 12"

For me his tunes are slammin at first but grow old pretty quickly.. I guess that's the nature of his style. I don't care as long as he keeps puttin them out ill still stomp my tits off when his tunes get dropped

what are peeps thoughts on original sin? i assume they will get massive respect on here...

i think that despite having top notch production values, there new tunes are mostly cheesy and boring! :rolleyes:

discuss...

You Do realise original sin is one person??

I've only been DJing since September, but I love Original Sin's tracks. Plus his tracks fit in with almost any jump up tracks out there.

I guess what I mean is, his tracks stand out, but you can mix them with a lot of different stuff. You don't have to worry too much about it killing the mood when going more mellow or more hype.

voodoo doll ftw... he hasn't done anything that comes close to that since. a lot of the stuff g dub put out in fomations months series were unvelievably good, the star sign series as well, but i think myabe, because i've gone away from that sound, what he produces nowadays can never live up to his earlier stuff.

He's one of the best jump up producers in the scene today

Argubaly the only thing he's lacked in recent years is diversity and versitility but I believe the fourthcoming album is going to demonstrate his ability and talent in these questionable areas

I'm REALLY feeling the "jungle influenced" tracks he's done lately, "Your Love", "Kiss" and "R-Bass" are all awesome tunes in my opinion, and the first two are certainly very different from what most people would expect from OS

Certainly not over rated, Big Ups

Back
Top Bottom