On the liquid tip...

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by KEN D.M.A, Mar 30, 2011.

1. KEN D.M.A

KEN D.M.A New Member

2. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

snare could use more hiss and somehow i dont like the mixdown. vocals are great tho.

big up.

3. worst

worst New Member

not too bad i like it, also the other tracks on soundcloud are very interesting, good work mate.
    keep movin' !

4. KEN D.M.A

KEN D.M.A New Member

cheers for the feedback guy's... i know what you mean, im must admit i think its more to do with the prodcution floors than the mix down.. since making this tune penny has dropped that 'less is more' with ref to compression ect :slayer: next few bit's out should be more pleasing on the ear (hopefully)

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

also @ groelle, nice tune in your sig mate, what programme you using?

5. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

6. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

Love the vocal. I do agree about the mixdown, it's a bit too dark for liquid if you ask me...what I'm sort of getting from this is that your sounds are too bright and obvious. Piano and synth are at full cutoff, wheres if you knock the velocity down on the piano a bit, I reakon it'd sink into the mix better, give it all some depth.

Again, the vocal is great, and I love the chopping...bassline sounds fantastic. Got the potential to be great I reakon, just needs a little love :)

7. KEN D.M.A

KEN D.M.A New Member

good advice, will try and see, i tend to make more agressive tunes than this, and am in the habbit of trying to make sounds more bright / cut through the mix to fit that style, it sounds obvious but it hadn't occurred to me to try making the sounds more subtle. cheers ;)

@ groelle, FL is a decent programme, im guessing by 'still' your planning on a using something else in the not to distant future?