No idea about production - need help

DjFeltz

basicly id realy love to start producing but i have absoulutly no idea about it atall, if anyone could explain what you need and maybe some of the jargon used that would be great. thanks

it's not easy

i thot it would be simple but it's actually bloody complicated

get a prog that allows you to use vst's also

Get program like Reason 3.0. There are many tutorials for it.

agreed

i use reason (not as much as i should) and it's a great startin point plus there's alot of stuff you can do with (specially now with the combinator) but i would stress definitely get something like fruity loops/cubase/acid as well cause you can use vst's with reason

also the effects in reason aint great but again you can make em better with the combinattor (i am still to really use this myself)

i know somebody who used to write tracks dry in reason and them export the individual tracks out into another sequncer so he could use vst effects and write other parts with vsts synths etc

i am trying to learn fruity atm but i am not a massive fan of it atm but that's prob just cause i dont get enough time to sit and use (i'm usually practicing my scrathing on the decks:rslayer: )

I'm a fruityloops strictly kind of boy. as a drawback it is very different (easier to use imo) from cubase and reason, but you can do all the same things with FL than most popular sequencers. Sometimes i do that dry/semi-dry mix out of fruity and do the rest (mixdown and mastering) in another sequencer.

Other than that, not much to give info on except to listen to lot of music and start collecting samples from where ever you can get them.

Learn as much as you can about the physics of sound. I can't stress this enough. If you don't learn this then you'll just end up writing average tunes (maybe not musically, but as far as clarity goes).
And practice!! you can't get good overnight, it requires years of hard work, similar to learning an instrument, although it's like learning 5 million different instruments. Read mags like Sound on sound and computer music, sometimes you gotta sift through some crap but there is some gems in these mags.

Back
Top Bottom