New tunes up, possible 320 giveaway!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Sammy Dexcell, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

Ez all aint been on here for a while, got 2 new tunes up on the player vortex an mood swing, just want some feedback on them before i give em away safe people!

2. Sammy Dexcell

3. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

big tunes mate, soundin professional and dirty, nice, keep it up

4. Sammy Dexcell

safe mate will do!

5. perspective

perspective Sex Drugs & Sausage Rolls

whoa, good stuff!

didn't like the bass on vortex to begin with but it grows a lot...

mood swing is my favourite out of the two! It has a subfocus-y feel to it, really like this one.

6. Ch4ndler

Ch4ndler I've been naughty, I'm banned

uurrrrrrggggghhh im gonna have to disagree, vortex is slick! Talk about watch this space

7. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

vortex is sick as fuck!! lovin that bass sound!!

8. Sammy Dexcell

big yourselfs up, nice to hear your feelin the tracks, i got a 320 of vortex but mood swings is stil only half done, need to piece together a second drop but ill be uploadin vortex in the next couple days keep an eye out, nice one fellas!

peace!

9. perspective

perspective Sex Drugs & Sausage Rolls

looking forward to hearing both of them in full.

big ups!

10. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

11. sati

sati Code Monkey

vortex: intro is just right with the hand drums and that female vocal bit really rounds it out for me -- production sounds quality -- you know the groove is there since you're not whoring out on drum layering so it's -- two big thumbs up

the muted version of the bassline coming up in volume in the intro makes for a nice transition to the full one -- you add some nice character where certain notes get that quick hipass breath -- more of that would probably blow my skirt up a bit more as the tune progresses -- the wobbly mid-low synth rising towards the end of a section is a nice touch -- double time LFO on the change-up for just an 8 count was a good decision IMO

wasn't sure on the quick drop in pitch at first before the changeup, but once you come back it resolves pretty well -- maybe getting a touch clicky where you have the bline pitched down and you're double-timing the last few notes -- I could take or leave the hipassed bass-bit on top of that, what did you have in mind when you tossed it in? (seems strategically placed)

the synth (or filtered/tight-delayed hand-drum?) stab on 3 and 1/4 makes the rhythm jump forward a bit - reminiscent of some good dnb i've heard in the past. the hand-drums occasionally rolling off the stab it's a good (not obvious) variation... would like to hear the entire arrangement

sound quality-wise the mix is solid, it might be myspace, but could be a touch brighter, no way to tell without a 128 though

-- quality work man

12. sati

sati Code Monkey

mood swing: nice 1/2 step work in the intro, the high-pitched and delayed synth pattern has a really nemesing feel to it, the layering on that sounds kind of metallic -- ring modulated or delayed?

notation on the bline has a really fresh vibe if you ask me -- diggin it, kind of up-beat

P.S> bogus is pretty ill, that rolling hand-drum pattern is my fav, reminds me of maybe a messiah remix I heard somewhere -- what's that break or did you redo it with one-shots?

:kermit:

13. Sammy Dexcell

wow, thats the greatest feedback ive ever got! i always find i cant really express what i wanna say but u nailed that, i get what u mean with it (vortex) needing to sound brighter the whole mixdown is a little shy of shiney cymbals, or hats an the bass should really have some high end its mainly mids i try compensate with the other basses but it only sounds right as it progresses.
    As for the high end bass i introduce at the end of a few bars it was intentional but i was hazy when i done it an put it there after tryin many other ideas it was the best out of a few failed attempts.
    The bass in mood swing is 3 different layers of the same noise its three different massives im using 2 oscillators in all three wiv chorus on one an distortion on the others wiv a bit of unison who knows bout the ring mod i couldve stumbled into doing it by accident.
    And lastly the bongos in bogus i think there from the apache loop then again i may be wrong i could easily of got it from just random samples put together i will hav a look wen im back in uk upload em too if i get a chance.

thankyou for the attention to detail big up!

14. sati

sati Code Monkey

my pleasure -- keep it up man

15. Sammy Dexcell

16. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member