Mistabishi is a complete and utter cake?

Re: Mistabishi is a complete and utter fake?

To be fair my understanding of it is that he turned up with the intention of doin a live production style thingy.. And they couldnt fit his hardware in so he had to do what he did.. If the promoter fucks you over with your setup you aint gonna just walk outta there without your £300..
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mistabishi dick rider or somethin, ive only heard a few tunes and didnt really care for them, it just pisses me off when i see 'fans' of the genre getting all self-righteous over fuckin internet boards..

Yeah I read the whole thread on DNBA, he turned up a good few hours before his slot, there was 3 Technics in the DJ booth, he could have moved one of those to get his Akai in. Either way it's by the by, he still played a mix CD rather than actually mixing the tunes he'd brought with him.

He claims in the thread he played prepitched snippets of tunes but that sounds like bull to me. Even if he was, he shouldn't be doing it.

I am a fan of the genre, however I'm not a fan of people making money by deceiving people.

Would love to hear what Tony Coleman has to say about this.

its stuff like this that makes it all that much harder for up and coming vinyl mixers to breakthrough.

really not on

you pay someone to dj. regardless of what that artist thinks of mixing, he is there to mix.

anyone can play a pre mixed cd. i think its disgusting that he is using his exellent production skills to allow him to not dj.

if your not going to mix, then dont take out a contract to perform on that night. if u stuck a mix cd in a machiene, and chatted on the phone all night i would refuse to pay you on breach of contract as technically speaking you have not fulfilled your end of the contract in what it is reasonable to expect from a dj

He had enough time and enough space. For the promoter to have to pay 300 quid for mista to press play??? thats a fucking joke.
If this is true, you cannot argue that all is fair as long as he plays the tunes people want to hear. Pretty much every producer has to learn to dj as they get more and more well known, some people like randomer use ableton because they freely admit to not being the greatest mixer. But faking it? Just seems pathetic to me. it's completely deceptive.

If you cant DJ dont take DJ bookings. I understand the regular income for artists is probably DJ gigs, so if your tunes start getting popular do the people buying them and supporting you a favour and learn to mix.

Mistabishi is officially the milli-vanilli of dnb.

i bet his 'pre made' mix cd was fukin dogshit aswell, i hate his tunes n now i will walk out of the room if i ever see him play somewhere like i do for pendulum lol. u dont book a dj to hear his tunes, u book a dj to hear and see the tunes expertly mixed at a professional level. which is why i get pissed off when i pay to go out and i hear some one thats worse than me. if i ever see someone cheatin fuk knows wot il do. half the djs on dnb forum are better than most of the djs about at the minute n i hope to god we all get there one day.

if u love making tunes for people and watching them dance then why not make ur tunes then go out and see people rave to them and think to yourself i made this happen, rather than take bookings when u know your crap and you cant mix

if he was hoping to do a live set why did he have a mix cd on him ready to play.
i think hes just a will young faggot fake!

The whole thing doesn't really bother me, always known he's a poor DJ since I saw him open Hospitality (dancing with his headphones on when the sound cut out). Promoters may want to think twice before booking big names and actually try book big names that can also play a good set.

Fact is a lot of good producers can't DJ and a lot of good DJ's can't produce. Unfortunately your name's only going to get really big if you can make records that sell or win a mixing competition, meaning a lot of high profile nights can become hit-and-miss due to all of the big names having an obligation to play out.

I'm not a big fan of Mistabishi (he's got the production skills but the tunes don't always do it for me), but I don't think he deserves all the bitching.

it's shitty that line-ups are now so driven by getting 'names' (almost inevitably producers) rather than the best dj's...

Back
Top Bottom