Mistabishi is a complete and utter cake?

Re: Mistabishi is a complete and utter fake?

Do you think there any kind of pressure being on a (fairly major) label in playing out reguarly to keep the name going (and sell more copies of the next album)?

i can beat match just fine. i just don't see the excessive merit in it that people like you obviously give to it. i've played vinyl only sets where i've had to beat match things. largely because i've been forced to. i've also played sets with nothing more than a single cd and spent the whole hour on the phone. on both occasions i played the records i make and they have the desired effect on those that dance to them. i might piss off the mouth breathing gawpers at the front who desperately want to be doing what i'm doing but i've never been that kind of person, and would never make a record for that kind of person.
these days i compromise by playing cd's and older records on vinyl. i'm not best pleased about having to conform to some pre-arranged expectation of some one like you. i just like making music for ravers. that's what has always got me off.
you should probably ask yourself why being able to beat match the same record over and over again means so much to you. do you want to be a drum and bass dj? did you buy into the dream that if you practice long enough you'll be flown around the world to play your record collection for people? i guess it might be possible...

that quote pissed me off...

not only did he admit to faking, but insulted every other DJ

When he played in Manchester in May, I watched part of his set and he wasn't miming then. He smashed it.

getting worried that people might boycott your night James G :D
Haha - I'd be very worried if he was the only headliner on Friday.

I'm a bit torn because on the one hand, if he cheated then that's a real piss take out of hardworking DJ's like me perfecting their double drops and supporting the scene buying vinyl but on the other hand when I met him he was sound as a pound so I'd feel bad saying anything bad about him.

I feel sort of sorry for him in a way... He turned up hoping to do a 'live' set and the promoters didn't give him enough space or whatever, so he couldnt se his shit up.. Therefore he has to make a plan B, he's obviously not great at mixing so he does the whole mix cd thing.. It's pretty weak i know but seeing all those dicks over at the breakbeat forum slating him saying stuff like he's killing the genre really pissed me off.. He's on there being up front and gettin put down and disrespected by a load of fuckin forum people..

Don't feel sorry for him if the only reason for it, is that he wasn't given enough space. I have been a regular at the Bassment night's @ mango for a while now, and i can tell you now that there is no way that Linus and the rest of the Bassment team would have not allowed him the space that he required. They work so hard to make the night the best it can possibly be and they wouldn't have jepordised this by not giving him what he needed.

I'm a bit torn because on the one hand, if he cheated then that's a real piss take out of hardworking DJ's like me perfecting their double drops and supporting the scene buying vinyl but on the other hand when I met him he was sound as a pound so I'd feel bad saying anything bad about him.

fair do's like, Im sure it must be frustrating having so many people on the web that you dont even know slagging you off.. but yeah its pretty despicable to pretend to mix vinyl if what everyone is saying is true..

Im sure your night will still go off - just maybe not when mistabishi's playing his set!!

I don't really care since I'll probably never see him.. but that's no good for his reputation.

Cyantific DJ's pretending to DJ - pretty insulting to actual DJs, let alone the people who pay to see them.

Also Danny Byrd's commented..

Danny Byrd
Couldn't agree more with cyantific's status.... Real DJ's shouldn't mime in their sets.... I put a lot of effort into my sets, sometimes I fuck up... sometimes I clang some mixes... or the needles jump... but never have I ever rel...ied on pre-pitched mixes or playing a mix cd and miming with vinyl on the decks.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

Back in the day...you had producers... then you had dj's... the two were often seperate. If you couldn't dj or didn't want to you'd perform live doing a PA (just think what would of happened if Liam Howlett had decided just to DJ instead of taking his stuff out live??)...might have to brush up on the keyboards if take my shit out live, but at least id have two fit 19 year old female dancers covering up my mistakes..

Seems Mistabishis reputation has taken a serious blow!

it's already annoying enough that we got producers that can't dj for shit headlining most events, and now their not even mixing? baaahh...

Im just eager to hear what Coleman has to say. If the other artists r pissed then he surely has to make a formal statement about his artist

Im just eager to hear what Coleman has to say. If the other artists r pissed then he surely has to make a formal statement about his artist

You'd be surprised ...

But agreed, I'd like to hear some more comments from both the man himself and his "boss"

You'd be surprised ...

But agreed, I'd like to hear some more comments from both the man himself and his "boss"

You know what his like tho, war on vinyl and all that jazz, sure he would have summit to say about one of his artsts pulling a fast one

I was there!
He was making some rather weird facial expressions.
He blamed the venue for not being able to accomodate the his equipment. but yeah CLICK on the breakbeat.co.uk link and read... very interesting

This is the most controversial dnb related issue i have seen come up in a while. As for Coleman? Can't wait to hear what he has to say about it all.

I love his production however that "set" 'for a better word' was pants. I only hope the Mista will learn from this.

P.S It was one hell of a mix CD lol ;)

didnt even know the guy was a dj to be honest, so not that fussed about this-- its not like i had a preconceived idea on his mixing skills or anything. on the other hand, he makes banging tunes, so hey. i still rate him.

Shut up, I can't believe you're sticking up for this big fat phoney.

I pay these people's wages by buying their records and going to their events. If I'm paying a tenner to hear a DJ play a pre-recorded CD I'd want to know about it. Would you put up with the fact someone's getting paid £300 just to turn up, wear a shit jumper, play a mix CD and dance like a prick? People 'sitting at their computers hating' is what spreads the word on fakers like this and I`ll think twice before I see Mistabishi "play" again.

May well have caught TC in the act myself of waving 2 arms in the air as 2 tunes were being "mixed" on the system, that was a good few years ago now though and he'd have been found out by now surely..

I guess it's a case of producers who suddenly get DJ bookings off the back of a big release and then realise they can't mix. Lynx himself said it was a struggle to learn to mix so quickly when he started getting booked on regs.

If he did commit genocide Im sure the thread would be far bigger...

P.s. Here's a photo from the night of aforementioned jumper; he also appears to be touching a CDJ that is quite clearly switched off:

4039526399_1982652e18.jpg

Alright mate, maybe i was too harsh sorry. I agree it's disgusting to fake a set in an industry that relies on djs.

Just you gotta feel a bit sorry for him. He could have just played a sloppy set and no one would have really cared, faking it was obviously a huge mistake.

That jumper is also completely unforgivable.

bless.

Dont think he considers himself a DJ neither, prob part of the reason he faked it. There are now 15 pages of dribble on DBA now, think its getting taken a little too far!

I hope you have enough room to accommodate his gear.

Back
Top Bottom