Mistabishi is a complete and utter cake?

Taken from his myspace
Thursday, October 29, 2009
I'm a professional cynic but my heart's not in it

About this 'dream' that dance music sells to the aspirational anorak who was just slightly too awkward to simply enjoy themselves at the party:

I never wanted to sell that.

Make music if you want to. Play records if you want to. Don't expect to change your world for the better. Hope that you might change someone else's for that split second where someone is enjoying what you're playing. If you want to change your world for the better with music, just close your eyes and listen.

Sunday, November 01, 2009
track list from Reading Set
Mistabishi - From Memory
Mistabishi - Light's Really Bad / Nutone - System Remix
Mistabishi - Greed
Mistabishi - Temper Trap Remix
Mistabishi - White Collar Grime (rewound)
Mistabishi - Falling In Love / Hive Neo Rmx
Mistabishi - Enter Shikari Remix
Mista(bishi) - Make It GO Away
Mistabishi - Brunt
Mistabishi Printer Jam / Noisia Diploducus
Mistabishi - HP Printer Jam
Randomer Appetite
Mistabishi - Untitled
Mista(bishi) Meh
Mista(bishi) Call Centre
Mistabishi - Enemies OF Dorothy (rewound)
Dillinja - I TOld You How TO Rock (Rewound)

You see...

I feel for him now, to an extent...

Cus' most people, myself included, are gonna be cynical of anything he has to say on the matter...

But those types of statements aren't gonna help him one iota, surely he needs to either tackle the situation head on, or just shut the fuck up about it.

To me, this type of condesending bullshit, trying to go all deep, when if you look at what he's actually saying, its trying to cover his arse & tell the end user how they should be using THEIR music!?

I mean, maybe i'm missing something, but surely that sort of shit is just rubbing salt in the wound of people with 1/2 a brain cell!?

Just adds weight to the notion he's arrogant & his bonce is firmly planted in his batty.

People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink!

What you chattin bout. Alcohol is a drug, beer is a drink. Caffeine is a drug, coffee is a drink. taurine is a drug, redbull is a drink.

The only reason alcohol is legal in our society is coz the people holding the pens writting the biblical text liked to drink wine!

Back on subject. I feel pity for Mista "I'm gonna take the piss" bishi. he's fucked himself royally, maybe alot of the fans will never hear about this, but i shouldn't think many labels will touch him for a while! Get ready to join the rat race again

What you chattin bout. Alcohol is a drug, beer is a drink. Caffeine is a drug, coffee is a drink. taurine is a drug, redbull is a drink.

The only reason alcohol is legal in our society is coz the people holding the pens writting the biblical text liked to drink wine!

I see you have never watched "Brasseye" before. :D

Just read this and thought it was interesting...

A forum input from those at Hospital... only thing is that its a year and a bit old... Some people never learn.

We are gutted to hear about all this. James Mistabishi made a big mistake.
Hospital knew nothing about any of this, until after the event.
The promoters and host djs LAOS booked James in good faith – and that they are being accused of lying is nonsense.

For the record, the first half of James’ set was mixed off vinyl and cd. Faced with one useless turntable, James panicked, and used two mix CDs from his bag to make up most of the rest of the set. As the guest dj, it was his decision. It was a huge error of judgement, and one which he now severely regrets.

LAOS were in no way involved in any of this, and to our distress, are being accused of complicity.
Like Hospital, they knew nothing of it, and are as upset as we are.

Mistabishi has made a sudden impact on the drum+bass scene with his music, but is an inexperienced deejay.
The reality of dj performance is too-readily taken for granted, and in that respect, he has come up short.

Hospital are one of the very few labels in drum+bass that continues to push vinyl+dubplate deejaying, and all our artists use records as their primary - or only - format for dj sets. We are extremely upset that something like this should happen.
James Mistabishi has now committed to us that he will be cutting dubs of all the tracks he wants to play out, and from now on will be performing with vinyl and dubs.

We have made many friends over the years in Helsinki - The Executives, Konsta, and LAOS - to name just a few. We really hope that this will not have damaged any of that respect and goodwill.

Chris, Tony & Tom
Hospital Records 28.05.08 <=========
www.hospitalrecords.com

Apparently not the first time?

Just read this and thought it was interesting...

A forum input from those at Hospital... only thing is that its a year and a bit old... Some people never learn.

We are gutted to hear about all this. James Mistabishi made a big mistake.
Hospital knew nothing about any of this, until after the event.
The promoters and host djs LAOS booked James in good faith – and that they are being accused of lying is nonsense.

For the record, the first half of James’ set was mixed off vinyl and cd. Faced with one useless turntable, James panicked, and used two mix CDs from his bag to make up most of the rest of the set. As the guest dj, it was his decision. It was a huge error of judgement, and one which he now severely regrets.

LAOS were in no way involved in any of this, and to our distress, are being accused of complicity.
Like Hospital, they knew nothing of it, and are as upset as we are.

Mistabishi has made a sudden impact on the drum+bass scene with his music, but is an inexperienced deejay.
The reality of dj performance is too-readily taken for granted, and in that respect, he has come up short.

Hospital are one of the very few labels in drum+bass that continues to push vinyl+dubplate deejaying, and all our artists use records as their primary - or only - format for dj sets. We are extremely upset that something like this should happen.
James Mistabishi has now committed to us that he will be cutting dubs of all the tracks he wants to play out, and from now on will be performing with vinyl and dubs.

We have made many friends over the years in Helsinki - The Executives, Konsta, and LAOS - to name just a few. We really hope that this will not have damaged any of that respect and goodwill.

Chris, Tony & Tom
Hospital Records 28.05.08 <=========
www.hospitalrecords.com

Apparently not the first time?

Oh Dear :(

the main thread on DNBA got over 1000 replies in under 4 days

everyone loves a good hate figuar, though I can think of people more worthy of hate than some c-list dnb name

Back
Top Bottom