Lynx - Back The Night Feat. Newsome / Shimmy - RAM

TheNitwits

VIP Junglist
artworks-000068162094-ldd9w9-crop.jpg

RAMM155 - Lynx - Back The Night Feat. Newsome / Shimmy - out 3rd Feb - http://po.st/LynxTBTNShimiT

Lynx genuinely needs no introduction. One of the most respected producers to emerge in the middle of the last decade, his decorated, often daring, productions have scored him firm friends in every corner of the drum & bass scene. Here he makes his debut on Ram Records with two of his most distinctive bombs to date.

‘Take Back The Night’ blasts off with startling piano power. Infectious, emphatic and heavily hooky, the powerful riff segues smoothly into the captivating vocal tones of Newsome to create a timeless fusion of hardcore hedonism and cutting edge contemporary electronica. Turbo-charged with floor-flattening 4/4 stomps and quick-switch fills, this quintessential boundary-basher pays respect to every formative genre that drum & bass is founded on from techno to rave and beyond.

‘Shimmy’ showcases an entirely different side to Lynx’s expansive sound. Slippery, smooth and stunningly spacious, the star-gazing riff whirrs and shimmers with faultless funk. Delivered with the clarity and character we’ve come to expect from Lynx, this is, without doubt, genuine future music.

Complete with Andy C's seal of approval, these are two incredible, forward-thinking compositions. Lynx has taking things next level once again!

DJ Support

Andy C, Chase & Status, Wilkinson, Loadstar, Drumsound & Bassline Smith, Cutline
Delta Heavy, Zeds Dead, Metrik, Hamilton, Nicky Blackmarket, Spectrasoul, DC Breaks, Mind Vortex, Frankee, Rene LaVice, Basher, June Miller, Lenzman

"Love Shimmy, really unique release" - Metrik
"NICE!” – Wilkinson
"Very different and cool" - Loadstar
"Very Impressive! " - Lenzman

Lynx
A: Take Back The Night AA: Shimmy

Released by: Ram
Release/catalogue number: RAMM155
Release date: Feb 3, 2014

Nah, Kemo just sounds really girlish with auto-tune.

Newsome =/= Kemo as far as I know.

Shimmy is a pretty good tune. Lynx on Ram is such a waste of talent though.

Oh c'mon. Fuck off with that RAM hate already, will you? It's a great look for any artist to get on RAM. If anything, Lynx deserves to get more recognition and this is gonna do for sure.

Oh c'mon. Fuck off with that RAM hate already, will you? It's a great look for any artist to get on RAM. If anything, Lynx deserves to get more recognition and this is gonna do for sure.

Yup, just like June Miller, right? Lynx didn't sign an exclusive deal, right? I say it's a waste because he's incredibly creative. I hate to see him pigeon holed into making nothing but dancefloor tunes. It's not Ram hate as much as exclusive deal hate.

Yup, just like June Miller, right? Lynx didn't sign an exclusive deal, right? I say it's a waste because he's incredibly creative. I hate to see him pigeon holed into making nothing but dancefloor tunes. It's not Ram hate as much as exclusive deal hate.

Hmm surely it's up to them artist if they want to do something like that, innit? I mean Gridlok & Prolix didn't, so they've gone for it on their own. June Miller did, so they signed and as much as I'm not a fan of their recent direction, I'm not slating them or the label. Just because the label isn't releasing the music I like I'm not saying it's shit or that artist shouldn't release their music there.
And yeah, it's just one single for Lynx, he keeps his creativity and gains some more recognition => win win situation imo :)

Hmm surely it's up to them artist if they want to do something like that, innit? I mean Gridlok & Prolix didn't, so they've gone for it on their own. June Miller did, so they signed and as much as I'm not a fan of their recent direction, I'm not slating them or the label. Just because the label isn't releasing the music I like I'm not saying it's shit or that artist shouldn't release their music there.
And yeah, it's just one single for Lynx, he keeps his creativity and gains some more recognition => win win situation imo :)

I don't blame the artist or the label. I understand that Ram is one of the very few avenues to make money in drum and bass. There sure as hell isn't any money in the drum and bass I like. It's just unfortunate.

Nonetheless, I like Shimmy.

That was sarcasm mate, I got no problems with him releasing on RAM but The Raw Truth is in my top 10 dnb albums of all time and that A-side just makes me cringe, that's not Lynx on RAM, that's Lynx on Hospital.

B-side is pretty damn good though.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I know it's pointless posting negative shit like this but seriously wtf is that A side all about. It's hilarious. Some proper happy hardcore business.

I would have thought the Mefjus Alive remix would have come somewhere before these singles, guess it isn't coming on vinyl :(

Both are sick, Great start to 2014 for RAM

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's pointless posting negative shit like this but seriously wtf is that A side all about. It's hilarious. Some proper happy hardcore business.

Heard this played out?

- - - Updated - - -

Not the best start to the year from Ram tbh

June Miller
Lynx
Rene Lavice

Are you nuts?

Back
Top Bottom