load of new playaz dubs up on chemical forthcoming page

rockwell = yawn

oh shit what have i started

i do rate a lot of rockwells stuff, but there is a huge amount of boring minimal / deep artists that just bore the absolute fuck outta me. that whole subgenre is just boring as far as im concerned, maybe one or 2 tunes thrown into a set but to go to a rave and listen to it non-stop would just drive me crazy. I do see what everyone is saying about jumpup not making much progression but i fuckin love jumpup and i know that if i see any releases by artists like sub zero, cue, pleasure, taxman, majistrate, hazard etc then i no that im 90% likely to buy just out of my pure love for rowdy dirty jumpup.

i like spy, total science, need for mirrors, some icicle etc; just find rockwell boring..seen him play n i was very bored, waiting for a tune that didn't drop and disappoint me..its dull to me..n trust me i am a versatile dj and listener

i like spy, total science, need for mirrors, some icicle etc; just find rockwell boring..seen him play n i was very bored, waiting for a tune that didn't drop and disappoint me..its dull to me..n trust me i am a versatile dj and listener

Fair play man but you got to appreciate some his work. DJ Friendly Unit Shifter, Full Circle, these are quality tunes.

On another note, Expansions has just come out on promo hasn't it? Getting that for sure.

sub zero & original sin = yawn

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

You consider most of those artists boring? Why?

Cos their music doesnt sound like a fox being raped with a broom?

Really?

Nah dont get me wrong i love deep and liquid just as much as jump up it was just those DJ's that i find dull. Spectrasoul and Icicle i like.

Give me a fox being rapped with a broom over a Rockwell tune any day of the week though

oh yay

another battle of the opinions

lets watch this go in circles and never reach a conclusion

haha its cos there isnt a conclusion. ppl love and hate different things and will always fight to prove their opinion.

I couldnt even tell you the jump up tunes I've liked from this year, whereas there used to be loads from a few years ago

Which for me shows a massive dip in its quality

Fair play man but you got to appreciate some his work. DJ Friendly Unit Shifter, Full Circle, these are quality tunes.

On another note, Expansions has just come out on promo hasn't it? Getting that for sure.
i appreciate hes a don in the studio and is good at what he does its just not my cup of tea..no melody hardly, nothing that grabs me...dull IMO

normal_gay.jpg

would have bagged navigator if it had come out when it was around like 2 years ago....far too old now

with regards to rockwell, noir is what you wana listen to

and on the jump up front its all about callide tbh....dunno about all this new hazard stuff really, haven't made my mind up yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Settle down is the one...
Hazard 12" = big, haven't heard any of the other though (by name anyways)

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

I couldnt even tell you the jump up tunes I've liked from this year, whereas there used to be loads from a few years ago

Which for me shows a massive dip in its quality

Or maybe your musical styles have developed and you are now into different things and different styles, personally I think the past year or two has been great for JUmp Up, plenty of decent tracks and albums. It's all a matter of opinion bro, different people to different things. Don't get me wrong I rinse Jump Up just as much as I rinse Spectrasoul/Icicle/dBridge/Ulterior Motive in the mix. Love all 'styles' of drum & bass. As previously stated it's all a matter of opinion and people are always gonna argue to prove what they believe.
peace

Back
Top Bottom