load of new playaz dubs up on chemical forthcoming page

I dunno if i was just a bit baked last night, but im sure the A side on that jonny cage release is exactly the same as the last jonny cage release on frontline but with updated sounds :-S

Couldnt care what it is geez but its fucking rubbish.

These releases kind show me that jump isnt really going anywhere at the moment. It all just sounds a bit stale and yawn inducing

yeah you very rarely see much jump on there these days!
im still enjoy mixing jump up but its the older stuff g dub mainly, deep and dark side of dnb has taken over!

then again u get crap like space time at top selling, each to thier own!

im still enjoy mixing jump up but its the older stuff g dub mainly, deep and dark side of dnb has taken over!

Yea i dont see all the hype with space time. it sounds the same as the sigma remix of barbra streisand!!

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

now that i think about it more i dont think the taxman tunes are the same as the last release. i think that was just my stoned head at the time lol!!!

Space Time is much better than most of those releases

Yea i dont see all the hype with space time. it sounds the same as the sigma remix of barbra streisand!!

now that i think about it more i dont think the taxman tunes are the same as the last release. i think that was just my stoned head at the time lol!!!

Na Space Time is heavy, and can't be compared with that gash Barbara Streisand Rmx.

Bought the last Johnny Cage release for Bass Hertz, that's a good tune. Won't be getting the new one 1 tho.

jump up is still good its jus slowly changing, going a bit more old and simple, less wahwahwahwah, more wompwompwompwomp ;)

I think you find it does. Space Time is pure dancefloor tear out business.

Most of those Playaz/Ganja/Frontline releases are just noisy wobble nonsense that have been heard before and been done better
totally disagree on the space time front, the drop hurts my ears... various parts of the tune are an improvement but nothing worthy of a best seller in my eyes!
i agree tho alot of the rest are boring, hazard bits are only ones i'd be tempted to buy!

Nothing to see here imo

Sounds pretty tired. Thank god the rest of dnb is progressing

This

Every other facet of drum & bass has got better over the past year or so, whether your into he minimal/autonomic sound, Shogun have really upped thier game this year with Rockwell, Spectrasoul, Perez, Icicle etc, Ram are back on form with their latest releases, Break's LP is about to be the album of the year and all the guys from out of Europe like Mindscape, Chris SU, SKC, Nymfo, Jade, Noisia and Phace are making incredible different sounding music

Jump up hasnt really gone anywhere in the last 12-18 months. Bust Dance Moves is fucking excellent and Hazard is the only beacon of light that style has left but everyone else is just stuck using the same synths and same drums. It's fucking boring

rockwell = yawn

oh shit what have i started

sub zero & original sin = yawn

---------- Post added at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

You have got a point though! Alot of the DJ's waynenoway said i think yawn tbh but i can see what he means about jump up recently it has been poor and samey as much as it pains me 2 admit that

You consider most of those artists boring? Why?

Cos their music doesnt sound like a fox being raped with a broom?

Really?

Back
Top Bottom