Is it just me or...

see, this is what i am getting at... pop is POPULAR music! there is shit loads of good pop out there (if ya like that thing), and to tar them all with the same brush is just as ignorant and cliche as people claiming there music taste is so original because they 'don't listen that britteny & justin, masss produced blah blah wa wa'

look at any tarentino soundtrack... most if not all would have been contempory pop songs in their time, and are for the most part absolutely blinding tracks, are they mass produced/marketed/manufactured rubbsih?
totally agree with this, but:
pop's not my thing, so i have no idea why i am sticking up so much for it...
see my previous post.

and yeah, id fuck em too, if only just to keep their mouths shut.. but aint going anywhere near their deasease ridden fannies, where they have fitted a great chunk of the music industry.

aint going anywhere near their deasease ridden fannies.

you sir, are either very strong minded or a liar!

Gabriella+Cilmi+article1039620021AF83100000578.jpg

I agree in some respects,
But could it be like computer games,
Our ambitions and targets are far further forward than they were back in 00'
Especially with audio going for digital to high definition,
Now its getting to the point were weve heard all the samples and hooks!
Which is pushing producers into different genres,
Tech itch produces ambient and breakbeat
Whilst pendulum also produce breakbeat,
This is not only good for learning new production techniques to incorporate back into dnb,
But its also a large wad of samples to bring on back to the genre =]

At the moment i'm disliking all the minimalist stuff. There are a few good tunes out there amongst the crap, like Jubei - Outcast, but the majority of it shouldn't really be classed as drum and bass.
For example Fabriclive 50, dBridge & Instra:mental, what the fuck was that? If I wanted an hangover cure I would have just watched House all day.

At the moment i'm disliking all the minimalist stuff. There are a few good tunes out there amongst the crap, like Jubei - Outcast, but the majority of it shouldn't really be classed as drum and bass.
For example Fabriclive 50, dBridge & Instra:mental, what the fuck was that? If I wanted an hangover cure I would have just watched House all day.

I agree it defys the principles of what you percieve drum and bass should be, but who do you think is really progressing the evolution of music here heist and hazard or dbridge and instramental???

dbridge said in an interview that fabriclive mix is NOT dancefloor orientated. drum and bass doesnt have to be. Its a WIDE open genre, you cant pigeon-hole it and tell us how its supposed to be. Music is music, you dont have to be able to skank your nut off and make gun shot signs in the air to it. Let there be more angles, allow there to be more room in this genre and more space for us to find music we love within drum and bass.

dbridge said in an interview that fabriclive mix is NOT dancefloor orientated. drum and bass doesnt have to be. Its a WIDE open genre, you cant pigeon-hole it and tell us how its supposed to be. Music is music, you dont have to be able to skank your nut off and make gun shot signs in the air to it. Let there be more angles, allow there to be more room in this genre and more space for us to find music we love within drum and bass.
fucking spot on mate, very well spoken, A+ (y):teeth:

you are no better moaning about it yourself! your not really taking it for what it is if u get pissed off with people likeing different people and styles.

You've kinda missed the point bro... im not getting pissed off about people liking different things/styles/music/films/cakes/whatever... people have their own opinions and thats a good thing. the world would be a fucking dull place if they didnt.

what im saying, is that it annoys me when people label things as shit, purely because they think they know better. just gets on my tits. ESPECIALLY when people feel the need to vocalise their hatred for a tune without anyone actually asking for their useless opinion. if you dont like it, fine... but no one cares if you dont like it and dont have anything constructive to say about it.

at least the people on here saying they dont like Clipz or whoever have actually given reasons as to why they think he's shit. as opposed to just saying "clipz is shit he should die" ( GorDo excluded ;))

that clearer?

You've kinda missed the point bro... im not getting pissed off about people liking different things/styles/music/films/cakes/whatever... people have their own opinions and thats a good thing. the world would be a fucking dull place if they didnt.

what im saying, is that it annoys me when people label things as shit, purely because they think they know better. just gets on my tits. ESPECIALLY when people feel the need to vocalise their hatred for a tune without anyone actually asking for their useless opinion. if you dont like it, fine... but no one cares if you dont like it and dont have anything constructive to say about it.

at least the people on here saying they dont like Clipz or whoever have actually given reasons as to why they think he's shit. as opposed to just saying "clipz is shit he should die" ( GorDo excluded ;))

that clearer?

ahh, but you see if you ask people in the real world what they think about something they will probably just say 'its shit' or 'its good'. just because this is the internet doesnt mean people are gonna suddenly start documenting reasons for their opinion. if anything people are more likely to be dicks on the internet because there is no actual face to face confrontation.

plus a lot of people dont even know or think about why they think something is shit. they just think its shit, and it ends there. you shouldnt worry about it, its just a word at the end of the day. opinions are like arseholes and all that...

oh, and as for people feeling the need to vocalize their opinions without being asked... well if you were subjected to something you didnt like for a while (could be anything you think is shit, not just music, but film, tv, the radio, etc.) you are gonna vocalize some kind of objection. or at least id hope so.

Last edited:
ahh, but you see if you ask people in the real world what they think about something they will probably just say 'its shit' or 'its good'. just because this is the internet doesnt mean people are gonna suddenly start documenting reasons for their opinion. if anything people are more likely to be dicks on the internet because there is no actual face to face confrontation.

plus a lot of people dont even know or think about why they think something is shit. they just think its shit, and it ends there. you shouldnt worry about it, its just a word at the end of the day. opinions are like arseholes and all that...

oh, and as for people feeling the need to vocalize their opinions without being asked... well if you were subjected to something you didnt like for a while (could be anything you think is shit, not just music, but film, tv, the radio, etc.) you are gonna vocalize some kind of objection. or at least id hope so.

Yeah i suppose... well argued glenn!

but...

i know exactly wat you mean... but theres still the argument (ESPECIALLY concerning youtube videos) that sometimes you dont have to watch/listen/pay attention to them...

i know exactly wat you mean... but theres still the argument (ESPECIALLY concerning youtube videos) that sometimes you dont have to watch/listen/pay attention to them...
well as much as you have the right to ignore an opinion, similarly the other party has the right to express his.
and really mate, youtube comments is the absolutely worst place to check for eloquent and well written opinions...

Back
Top Bottom