Hooking up my speakers to my mixer

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Trying to solve which cable to use to connect my speaker into my mixer. The speakers I have are the Alesis Active 520

m1active520_det1.jpg

This is the back panel of my speakers. My mixer has the usual RCA cable holes for the master output. How should I connect my 2 speakers into the mixer? Should I use a XLR or a TRS cable? And should I connect one speaker to the right RCA hole and the other one to the left? Cheers

i dunno exactly about the english terms, but yeah, one speaker to each output.

the easiest and cheapest option will be if you connect it by jack to RCA cables, youll need a big jack (dunno the term..) here tho.

the other and better possibility is you connect it by xlr to rca, or even better to a balanced xlr output on your mixer ..

i dunno exactly about the english terms, but yeah, one speaker to each output.

the easiest and cheapest option will be if you connect it by jack to RCA cables, youll need a big jack (dunno the term..) here tho.

the other and better possibility is you connect it by xlr to rca, or even better to a balanced xlr output on your mixer ..

am i looking for balanced or unbalanced? ive got both outputs on my mixer, one is the RCA (unbalanced) and the other one fits the sort of bigger jacks in it and says balanced below

good thread as i was thinking about hooking up my mackies to my mixer via something besides rca .
Cant really help tho seeing as i am a noob at this topic :(

It would help if you told us what mixer you have.

6.3mm Jack (Balanced TRS):
image.php

Balanced XLR:
265x265px-LS-xlrmtf.png

If your mixer has Balanced XLR or TRS connections use those.

^^^ This.

Go for TRS to XLR cables and use the balanced output, that will be your best option for quality/noise, just make sure the cables you get are balanced otherwise it still wont actualy be a balanced connection. Get fairly good quality cables, you dont need silly priced ones, just not the cheapest as connections tend to be poor in them.

And yea, connect one speaker to left, one to right, and your good to go.

Your lucky to have the main 3 types of sockets on your speakers: RCA, XLR and 1/4". So you can use pretty much anything depending on your mixer. You more may have a phono cable lying around somewhere you can use, if not just grab yourself a couple XLR leads.. (depending on the mixer of course)

didnt want to start a new thread so thought id hijack this instead as its about speakers.

should i get the KRK RP8 G2's or is it worth paying the extra for some KRK VXT6's?!

and these are easily connected aren't they ?

Back
Top Bottom