Hey guys. Just Started up my record label finally.

up not too much. i'm just trialling it myself really. it may be a flop or it may work.

i guess you'd need to have decided on a sound your going for.
have a means of publicising the label.
found someone who can master your tracks consistantly.
set up a selling account somewhere.

Yeah good luck mate, hope it all goes well. I think you really gotta make sure you're proffessional about it y'know, think about the bigger picture. What style is the label gonna be? How are you gonna get the tracks played out, contracts, promotions, what sites you are gonna use to distribute tracks, your own website maybe? Incoming and outgoing expenditures of above related topics. The list goes on.

I think to make it a reputable label that artists will want to be part of, and of course make a name for itself, while making money for all involved is a big job, and the more you put in the more you'll get out!

Hey cheers man. Agreeing with what your saying definatly. It's something i've wanted to do for sometime now. I have away of selling and a way of publicising the label. I thinking I'd like to put some free tunes up to get the name out their a bit.

If any of you guys wanna send anything In go for it. depthrecords@live.co.uk.

It's something I'm interested in doing too! But I have like no experience with this stuff :/

feeling the track mate, hope it goes well for you indeed!

listening to "Nothing Simple" I think I'll send you one that I was just re-mixing/mastering - of course it hasn't run the forum gauntlet yet so I'm sure it'll be better after I get some feedback from everyone

best of luck, make it happen! I support the idea of free tracks to get the word out - have you thought about using bandcamp.com? They have an interesting option where if someone wants the track for free you can require their e-mail so as to keep them in the loop.

cool man, something ive been thikning about recently too. one day id love to set up a vinyl label but im all the way in australia so its pretty hard to promote and raise awareness, also meet people who would be interested. makes it hard when its all done online.
good luck to you though. where are you going to be selling your tunes through??

Big Ups Man! Hope this works out well for you, I would love to have the knowledge to start up a label, I am years away from it though!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Fletch,
I'll check em out when my heads feeling a little clearer. Bit of a heavy one last night. As with anyone else who Is sending me anything.

Labrat. I'm selling via chemical records at the moment. Link

Lucider,
I'll be signing up to anything and everything. Bandcamp, reverb nation any anything else I find.

I'll be putting together a small various artists EP shortly to get the name out their(Both the labels & yours). So If you have any tracks, or know of anyone with some tracks. That you'd like me to hear please send an email to depthrecords@live.co.uk

Cool stuff man! Any particular feel you're looking for in tracks? Dancefloor, deep, minimal, experimental, etc

A bit of a mix buddy. A few dancefloor tracks here and their, some deep/minimal stuff too. and then what ever style my music is i guess!

A bit of a mix buddy. A few dancefloor tracks here and their, some deep/minimal stuff too. and then what ever style my music is i guess!

Cool! Got a few numbers that need finishing (more on a dubstep/future garage tip) then I'll send 'em on over. Goin' to be some Embers breaks releases I hope! :teeth:

Hey again :lol:

Dude, are you interested in Dubstep tracks?

I got this one called "Powers of the Herb" that is like quite dark and that, it's not like crazy skrillex wubs but just a simple wobble bass sound but quite effective. I have only been producing 6 months but I have always had a particular liking for that one, is it worth sending it over? Just so you can have a listen even if it does suck a bit? :lol:

EDIT:

Oh, the track in my sig too, Giants. I have always had a liking for that one. If you after liquid D&B with a slightly different touch (there is guitar in there) that might be worth a listen! I doubt you will jump on either of them but it is worth a shot I suppose!

Back
Top Bottom