Fruity Fucking Loops...

Dj Jammin

VIP Junglist
I keep getting these buffer overrun things just makes the sequencer jerky and agging... any way to stop this. Seems to happen when i use certain plugins and when i make dirty basslines :|

its not fruity, its your computer, it cant handle it

firstly, have you turned up the buffer???

if not go to....

options > audio settings > and theres a box that says "direct sound properties" turn the fader thing to the right, it will slow down the response of the computer but it will do the audio a world of good

secondly give your pc a tune up, and turn off any programs that dont need to be running in the taskbar off (the thing in the corner of the screen where the clock is)
to do this, right click the icons and click exit/disable/close or whatever

other than that, the only thing i can think of is using low cpu plugins, and if you have loads of plugins in your track that aint being used, remove them.

there used to be a thing in fruity where you could set plugins to turn their self off when there not being used (ie if you got a reverb that is only used for 5 seconds in the whole track, it would only turn its self on for those 5 seconds) cant remember how to do it tho as i havent used that setting for god knows how long

ahh just found it... see when you put an effect in in, you click a lil arrow button thing to select a plugin dont you, well in that menu theres a option called "smart disable" click that ;)

in fruity 3 or 4 there was an option to use smart disable for all plugins doesnt seem to be in fruity 7 tho :|

i'll check in the manual tomorrow, im off to bed now (but then ive been saying that for 2 hours now lol) lucky i aint got work 2mz :D

Cheers for the reply.. This project is a bit recycled so it's got so much crap from other stuff. I'll rmove all the shite. I've done all the buffer stuff already and i've closed down almost everything.

Cheers though!

i think theres still smartdisable on 7, you can find it on the menu on each individual plug on the effect channel plug list

thanks, i found that but in older versions of fruity their was an option to get all plugins to smart disable with one click

yea at the mo all our stuff is done in fruity everytime we get somewhere near to a good noise it starts crackling even with a new sound card it still manages to do the same, so my best advice is try using only one vst and midi out anything else in the vst your using??? if its still all too much bounce a whole audio of the vst your using and insert it in over your tune and delete wats necessary, its long but it works save effects and stuff at the end bounce your tune and then add effects.

anyway if all else fails get a better pc and an even better sound card!

Safe

download asio.it will help a hell of alot.or with fruity 7 i think its already with the program but u will have to select it (y)

oh i found out how to set smart disable for all plugins in one go....

go to TOOLS > MACROS > SET SMART DISABLE FOR ALL PLUGINS

instantly lower cpu usage!!

Back
Top Bottom