FREEK - RATPACK (WIP)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Freek, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

That's wicked man. You should find a cool vocal sample to go with it. Drums sound great. Something about the bass, is it a bit muddy, or just spread wide, dunno, not even sure it's a negative, may just be 'character'.

This is a good song me thinks.

3. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

niceeeeee bassline!! really liking the snare switchup aswell, but imho you need some uptempo full on drumtrashing with this one to murder the dancefloor - if you know what i mean :D

that intro is pure jokes aswell!!

big ups.

4. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

ah nice one man... been wanting to make a jazzy infused tune, never been able to get it right though, you have in this one!

only neg comment was that the key that the bassline was in seemed a bit high for me? beltin drums as usual!

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

actually, i just gave myself an idea... perhaps have the bass roll as is for like 4 bars then switch 2 or 3 keys on the piano roll lower for the same and repeat... (could be 4 bars, 8 bars, 16 bars, whatever) a bit like T-10 does.

5. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

just listened again, and you have to turn the hat in the intro down, is a bit disturbing imo.. and get that full on drumpart done :D