DnB First ever track - impressions?

Skumboy

Hey guys. Just finished this track up today, it's like the first track I've ever actually properly finished and been happy with (I've been producing about 5 months). Got a few more adjustments to make and it still needs mixing down as its completely flat at the moment, just thought I'd post it here to see if you guys had any ideas/tips on how things I could change before I get started mixing down. Any tips appreciated!

Holy shit, this is not to bad. Is this a drum loop or did you make it your self?
Anyway, your level are not that off. the bass sounds great and so do the drums. I think some saturation and distortion on both the bass and drums would really fatten up the sound. Also, some random fx could be cool too.
Only real complaint is that high pitch wobble. I don't like it.
keep it up man, it took me ages to make a track half this good.

Holy shit, this is not to bad. Is this a drum loop or did you make it your self?
Anyway, your level are not that off. the bass sounds great and so do the drums. I think some saturation and distortion on both the bass and drums would really fatten up the sound. Also, some random fx could be cool too.
Only real complaint is that high pitch wobble. I don't like it.
keep it up man, it took me ages to make a track half this good.

Cheers dude! And nope, made it all myself. Layered up all the samples of the drums to make my own hits, inputted all the midi data myself etc etc, all the synth patches were my own too. I'll give all that stuff a shot when I get round to mixing it down, still making a few lil adjustments to it.
And as for the high pitched wobble, what I was aiming for was like a really mild/chill jump up style track, and from what I've seen not a lot of people on here like jump up ;)

Back
Top Bottom