Dubstep.. Help?!?!

Um RUF has a couple of good tunes- "Want some Crack?" and "Rudeboy Riddim" are really good dirty waah-waah tunes, also 12th Planet- "28 Hours Later" is grimey as fuck... Babylon System of course in case no-one's mentioned it... those are probably my favourites from what I have but there's so much more good stuff!

Soldier on and keep looking, all ye who don't like dubstep are gonna have to get the hang of it, I think it's here to stay and you'll be hearing alot more of it esp. as warm ups at d'n'b gigs and so on

I think dubstep style should stay where it belongs...

...as a breakdown in a dnb tune...

...pretty much like fresh - Chainsaw

It works well as a form of breakdown...but as a genre of music...it wont last!...it dosent have enough going for it...its not unique enough and theres no originality.

It works well as a form of breakdown...but as a genre of music...it wont last!...it dosent have enough going for it...its not unique enough and theres no originality.

HAHA! Sorry man but you dont know what you're on about!

Dubstep is very original. Listen to 2 N A Q by Rusko or Get On UP by Babylon System or Cockney Violins by Caspa and tell me they are not original tunes. A lot of Dubstep I hear literally makes my jaw drop cos I cant believe somebody actually made these tunes as they are so original I cant imagine how they even thought of the idea for it.

Also Dubstep raves go off quite a lot more than most DnB raves. The fans of Dubstep are so into it its scary!
And saying it should only be breakdowns in DnB tunes is just insulting.

Mate there is plenty of originality, there are so many amazing tunes coming out by some really innovative producers using all types of sounds and different ways of producing - look at Burial's albums, all produced using Soundforge?!

As for saying it won't last....they said the same about DnB...and look it's still going! Dubstep has been steadily building since around 2000 and is just getting bigger and bigger with more and more followers so I would have to say Dubstep is defo here to stay imo.

Dubstep is very original. Listen to 2 N A Q by Rusko or Get On UP by Babylon System or Cockney Violins by Caspa and tell me they are not original tunes. A lot of Dubstep I hear literally makes my jaw drop cos I cant believe somebody actually made these tunes as they are so original I cant imagine how they even thought of the idea for it.

Also Dubstep raves go off quite a lot more than most DnB raves. The fans of Dubstep are so into it its scary!

Haha mate i do know what im talking about.

mate its my opinion and its valid!

I know i haven't heard every dubstep tune under the sun...
but...
...Dubstep just dont do it for me...

...and regardless of the 3 tunes you say are original...the overall sound of dubstep isnt that original.

And the whole thing u say about raves...

...your obviously not an oldskool jungle head

but...

...and regardless of the 3 tunes you say are original...the overall sound of dubstep isnt that original.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though mate.

but...

I never had a problem with it not doing it for you its the fact you said its isnt unique, which just isnt true and that it should only be breakdowns in DnB songs which is insulting rubbish. Also I wasnt just saying that only those 3 tunes are original. They were just the first 3 that came to mind.

I like a lot of old school Jungle but those kind of raves rarley happen anymore. Dubstep crowds go a lot more crazy than most straight up DnB raves these days and thats a fact.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though mate.

Yes, yes they are. But you do realise that includes me? So I can state my opinion just as much as he can.

Last edited:

but...

if dubstep dont do it for you why are u coming in here to talk about it the bloke wanted help not some1z opinion about not liking it

i like anything dubstep really on record labels like planet mu , soul jazz , dmz ,hench i like alot of trg aswell hes got a good sound to him . check out "italtek lp" aswell

Last edited:
Can't believe no one's mentioned Vex'd!

Get the whole of Degenrate, it's the kind of dubstep your mum warned you about! ;)

Also, get Traffic by Dj Distance, killer tune!

Back
Top Bottom