'Don't Need You' - liquid drumstep?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by junglistguy2221, Nov 12, 2012.

1. junglistguy2221

junglistguy2221 Drum & Bass Producer

started this last night, what do you lot reckon so far?

edit: so i got a little sidetracked.. 4 months later ive had a go at updating it, let me know any thoughts pls. the mix isnt very good so far but i'll work on that

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

has alot of potential but right now i feel like im playing mario cart or somthing... the vocals are great dont change them... the drums sound "plastic" the bassline sounds so cartoony... but like i said some hard work and u got urself a banger

3. junglistguy2221

cheers for the comments. unfortunately i'm using probably the worst quality speakers ever made until i replace my good ones that blew, so it's been hard to make decent drums at the moment. the bassline is sampled from another tune, i chose it because i really liked that sound, but if the general consensus is that it doesn't go then i'll try something else.

4. kdk

kdk Member

I like the bass, but maybe you could filter and EQ it to give it a more solid feel; alternately you could lay down the occasional subtle bass note from a VSTi to reinforce the sound. I like the groove of the drums, even though yes the sample sound itself is a bit hollow. Maybe you could double up on them?

I hear you about the speakers issue. I'm going to start using earbuds, my speakers are so cheezy.

5. junglistguy2221

anyone got more feedback on the bassline? is it worth scrapping or does anyone else think i should spend more time editing it?

cheers

6. junglistguy2221

added an updated version