DnB What happened to the Autonomic dnb sound?

I must be a heathen or something - I totally missed this era. :teeth: its darn deep , certainly it has its place in eth widening palette of the DnB selection … that's my take anyway..

I for one don't think the sound ever "went away" or "died", just went a bit more under the radar for people after the penultimate Heart Drive podcast (I believe they're waiting with the last one when the HD album is finally finished).

For a while I thought all of Drama's passion for this kind of vibe died when he went all techstep, but the release with Om Unit on Apollo quickly corrected me on that (those were all new tunes!). dBridge always does his own thing but you can really hear that 'nomic vibe in there more or less every time. I've been going absolutely apeshit whenever I'd hear him drop H Muller for example (that mad bleepy one we all heard in his New Forms Boiler Room couple years back that's been on everyone's ID requests for years now). Drama seems to be working on some new ones too, as far as my intel goes :hafap:

A bit sad that Boddika and ASC strayed from that sound in a major way (oh and Stray too, pun intended!), but at least ASC has released those Colours Fade compilations with tracks from his Autonomic days (and a few Bandcamp days in a row now he's been discounting every bit of his back cat to 1 EUR each! <3 ). And Boddika? I asked him about it on the Instra show in Prague and he said they're working on new music with Damon as Instra:mental again, different tempos, but there MAY be new Autonomic from them again!

Heart Drive has been the one for me, it's the perfect continuation of the Club Autonomic legacy and it proves the sound is anything but dead. We might have to wait a bit for more, but I don't mind waiting, the music's just that good. And yeah you guessed it, I'm a fanboi of the vibe.

BTW a shameless plug but I've actually recorded a 4,5h mix with a lot of this sound (+some stuff that influenced it and a couple of regular DNB that just fit the vibe and journey) and posted it here, so I hope a few of you Auto afficionados decide to have a listen at some point. I've been working on the tracklist for years and then finally nailed it and recorded it one take last year - https://dnbforum.com/threads/alegria-voices-in-my-head-4-5h-of-futuristic-dnb.205356/ - hope you enjoy and if you do, please drop a comment on SC or in the thread <3

Yep! That EP is stellar. Kharm and I also have a song on Lost Dubs 3, out Aug. 21st on Microfunk. We're also talking about him doing an EP for my new label, Modern Conveniences, which I just announced today. 😁

that's amaaazing news mate. i'm hyped for another lost dubs and even more for your new label. btw, listening to "blind spot" the other day, it immediately reminded me of that specific 'akuratyde vibe'. so yeah, seems to make sense that you guys team up in a way. :2thumbs:

that's amaaazing news mate. i'm hyped for another lost dubs and even more for your new label. btw, listening to "blind spot" the other day, it immediately reminded me of that specific 'akuratyde vibe'. so yeah, seems to make sense that you guys team up in a way. :2thumbs:

Cheers mate! Kharm also remixed one of my songs which will appear on the 3rd release on my label. See below for more info.

Big news Dan! When's the first release?

August 28th:

MODCON001
Akuratyde - Redesigned Vol. 1

1. Plume (Kid Drama Remix)
2. November's End (Silent Dust Remix)
3. Find My Way (Jaskin & Uneven Remix)
4. Wonder, Love & Loss (3VS Remix)
5. Embrace (Dream Mix) [Bandcamp Exclusive]

September:

MODCON002
EP from Tellus which is finished but currently untitled. Just got the final premasters today actually and finalizing the tracklist now.

October:

MODCON003
Akuratyde - Redesigned Vol. 2

1. Lost Summer (Method One Remix)
2. Plume (Random Movement Remix)
3. Into The Sea (Kharm Remix)
4. Tides (Feat. Tellus) (Margari's Kid Remix)
5. Last Forever (Real Train) [Bandcamp Exclusive]

^ this is the much sought after mashup/cover I did of "Love On a Real Train" by Tangerine Dream. If you've seen Oliver Yorke at Soul In Motion anytime over the past two years you've heard this. ;)

I'll have audio of Redesigned Vol. 1 up soon.

Cheers mate! Kharm also remixed one of my songs which will appear on the 3rd release on my label. See below for more info.

August 28th:

MODCON001
Akuratyde - Redesigned Vol. 1

1. Plume (Kid Drama Remix)
2. November's End (Silent Dust Remix)
3. Find My Way (Jaskin & Uneven Remix)
4. Wonder, Love & Loss (3VS Remix)
5. Embrace (Dream Mix) [Bandcamp Exclusive]

September:

MODCON002
EP from Tellus which is finished but currently untitled. Just got the final premasters today actually and finalizing the tracklist now.

October:

MODCON003
Akuratyde - Redesigned Vol. 2

1. Lost Summer (Method One Remix)
2. Plume (Random Movement Remix)
3. Into The Sea (Kharm Remix)
4. Tides (Feat. Tellus) (Margari's Kid Remix)
5. Last Forever (Real Train) [Bandcamp Exclusive]

^ this is the much sought after mashup/cover I did of "Love On a Real Train" by Tangerine Dream. If you've seen Oliver Yorke at Soul In Motion anytime over the past two years you've heard this. ;)

I'll have audio of Redesigned Vol. 1 up soon.

oh... my...goodness. :applause:

so curious about the "plume" and "lost summer" remixes right now. well, and all the rest of course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom