do u miss the old days

In 98 i went Ayia Napa for a 2 week bender the day i came back two of my pals who were Raindance residents were playing at Helter Skelter @ The Sanctuary in the up and coming room upstairs in the rollers,after 2 weeks of madness i got stocked up (2 g's of sniff,5 pills,an eighth of solid and half OZ of skunk) then to HS with the raindance promoters and my pals,it was a good night.....believe!

For those intrested it was the night MC MC did the 1 minute scilence on Hypes set for Hyper D,great night,RIP Stevie,you were the best bro,standard.

go head with yo bad self!! plurj!!

I was 18 back in 98.. started going out around 97 when i was 17. I was really into Urban Takeover back then.. big tunes.... Plus that Ganja Kru album go me hooked. Big tunes back then. jump up was proper.... Big heavy bass lines....

But for me it was 98 - 00 when the music was just simple inspiring and life changing... those sounds that were coming our of Headz, Virus, Prototype and Hardware just somehow got exactly what was in my hed into sound.. it was depp to hear that shit. You could be at a rave dancing to a big Prototype tune but also come home the next day and stick the same tune on your setreo and loose yourself in it... It wasnt just about dancing there was real music and soul in those tunes.

In particular 'Sonar' by Trace... that tune would get you rinsing so hard at the rave.. and the next day Id be at home and stick it on and just loose myself in it. Those tunes created pictures in my mind.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to forget the Dalston crew @ Labyrinth club....with Billy Banta!..we re talking 91/92...white gloves, whistles, and pills @ 15 quid a pop!

Everyone seems to forget the Dalston crew @ Labyrinth club....with Billy Banta!..we re talking 91/92...white gloves, whistles, and pills @ 15 quid a pop!

I went there once in my time,not long before it got closed down.

Yeah I was 4. Used to roll out with the toddler raving massive, kidding... But mad respect to everyone who was going out at that time and is still down with the music.

Id love to go back in time and hear all these original inspiring tunes. Ive only been into our genre since after all the mid range nokia stuff came out. :mrpanic:

i feel empty without experiencing all this....i would liked to have found the music myself rather than my mum n dad getting me into it.

and sonar by trace is a tuuuneee....i was listening to it on the bus with my eyes closed...a timeless track

in 1998 i was 10!
All right we re talking about the not so old dayz then...uhmm but in 91/92 i remember working at KFC in marble Arch listening to Prodigy for the first time " charley says..." couldnt understand the real meaning behind it..but i got it now....anyway Fantazia was the Rave to go to, and ratpack was uhmmm loud...this is the captain of the ship!!!.. should move this to stuck in 1992 thread!;)

Glad theres someone else here now thats been there seen it done it and is still having it.

Hello DnBForum,

had to join to reminsce, all them twisted rollers sounded so fresh! I vividly remember the first time I heard 'the pulse' by Bad company. The entire dancefloor of this free party just stopped as the filtering began and it was only once rewinded that anyone moved!

Its weird how time flies...

I was just reading Knowledge article listing the top 100 tunes that people voted as th best dnb... They had up All Night and Bodyrock and LK in there and talking about how they were timeles etc.. Im thinking yeah but they arent really old.. then I thought shit.. actually they are quite old... To me those tunes still seem new.. like the are the new skool of dnb still.... its weird..

yeah kno what you mean about new/old tunes, I'm still waiting for bodyrock to develop its own sub genre!

oh, BTW Lokki do you kno Mostyn??

Its weird how time flies...

I was just reading Knowledge article listing the top 100 tunes that people voted as th best dnb... They had up All Night and Bodyrock and LK in there and talking about how they were timeles etc.. Im thinking yeah but they arent really old.. then I thought shit.. actually they are quite old... To me those tunes still seem new.. like the are the new skool of dnb still.... its weird..

hmmm i think that the top 100 would be commercial dnb none of it dark really

Back
Top Bottom