dnbforum production competition August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty much ok if you honestly think you have the badman tune. After all, politicans vote for themselves every time so why should this be any different? If you get a vote you can use it however you like, you can even wipe your arse with it.

normally people voting for themselves dont care one bit about what is the better tune, its all about winning, thats what thats about. and its counter productive for the compo. but i dont think there is anything to do about it, if youre a wanker youre a wanker, no internet text written even by santa claus himself is going to change that.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

still busy, my cat pissed the fucking bed so I crucified it to the wall but lost time for washing etc. if not getting much work done today, try to dedicate all my time to it tomorrow and get on the piss on saturday. piss... not a good word this weekend I feel.

really dude i dont know what you see in this, its not normal, with the piss all the time. are we on for session tonight? figure ill bring some whiskey to get the juices flowing (not piss).

well, you know a day starts good and you get majorly PISSED OFF by unforeseen events. and yeah we're on bigtime for tonight and get that whiskey, which will makes me piss a lot less than beer innit

right, well i started mine this morning and it is fucking huge so far (if i do say so my self) so hope to get this over tonight or tomorrow (y)

looking forward to seeing the different ways people have approached this!

I've been smoking a lot in the past few days and I can only be 60% sure that I didn't use any outside samples in this. It's all a kind of haze to me.

just checked . I think all is good.

Last edited:
to be fair, the sample pack was wicked, the kick and snare could ahve been stornger but i guess that adds to the challenge... and so varied that i reckon hardly any two tunes will sound the same!

big ups logikz, as phat sam says, how many people entered now?

About to finalise my entry right now.
I hate it so very much :(

Eh well. Next time eh? :D

Also about voting for yourself: Do it if you want, but I'm not going to vote for myself just because it's myself, because the fact is I''ll vote for whichever tune I like the most

Last edited:
Im just going to submit mine tonight or it will end up driving me fucking mental.

No laughing allowed please.
Thanks.

normally people voting for themselves dont care one bit about what is the better tune, its all about winning, thats what thats about. and its counter productive for the compo. but i dont think there is anything to do about it, if youre a wanker youre a wanker, no internet text written even by santa claus himself is going to change that.

If it bothers you that much you can ban it.
Can't call someone a wanker for loving their own tune if they think it's their best work or whatever. Especially when the votes don't even decide who wins.

Either ways you should put your foot down and say ok or not ok before the voting starts so we don't start throwing handbags later.

Looking forward to hearing all the tunes. I'm expecting some big things to be honest, the samples allowed for that, although I struggled to get shit together like a handicapped shit gatherer.

mines finished now but aint gonna submit til tomorrow just to do some last minute touches.

Just emailed mine, hope it went through.

I actually like my tune to be honest haha

finally done.... about as good as i can get it but that's not saying a lot!! sent it now anyway so too late to change shit.....

looking forward to hearing all the entries, should be varied as fuck, that sample pack was sick!

fantastic weve now got 8 entries, thats a good number. razor sharp tunes too, like rza, roni size and ice cube all came together for one orgasmic composition. i think 15 though, 15 sounds like the ticket. if i havent got 15 by the end of today we might consider extending the deadline to monday. or not i cant be sure of anything at this juncture

bizarre thing is; I made a new track yesterday morning before work (@ 6am!) in 1hr 40 completely out of the blue... was thinking about the comp and did a test track that turned into a finished piece. Didn't use the comp samples tho.. so cant enter it.

I think the entry proper will take much much longer... til monday sounds good to me! :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom