DNBFORUM AWARDS 2012/2013

DNB Awards
Best Album: The Other Side
Best Track: So Real - Enei & Kasra
Best Producer: Break
Best Newcomer Producer: Xtrah
Best DJ: Andy C (that 6 hour set alone makes this an obvious choice..)
Best Newcomer DJ: Foreign Concept
Best MC: DRS
Best Label: Critical
Best 'Big' Club Night: Critical Sound @ Fabric (some of the best lineups this year IMO)
Best Festival: Outlook (didnt go but lineup was ridiculous)
Hall Of Fame:

facepalm.gif

mate, this isnt a shitty awards thing to promote some gash £20 ticket rave, Netsky isn't gonna win best DJ and i highly doubt athys and duster (who?) are gonna be winning prizes for best songs. nominate and represent your local if you want... worst comes to worst at least they'll get a lil bit of exposure! :2thumbs:

Yeah fair call. I have edited my votes to add a couple of local events in.

Best Album: Delay No More - SpectraSoul
Best Track: Constantcomplexrhythmicsound - Rockwell/Skank - Calyx & Teebee
Best Producer: SpectraSoul
Best Newcomer Producer: Mefjus
Best DJ: Rockwell
Best Newcomer DJ: Emperor
Best MC: SP:MC
Best Newcomer MC: No idea, only rate SP.
Best Label: Shogun Audio.
Best 'Big' Club Night: Critical Sound FabricLive.
Best 'Small' Club Night: Arse.
Best Festival: Global Gathering
Hall Of Fame: Alix Perez

changing my track of the year - dub phizix and skeptical - half man... dopest and unique beat this year imo

DNB Awards
Best Album: The Other Side
Best Track: So Real - Enei & Kasra
Best DJ: Andy C (that 6 hour set alone makes this an obvious choice..)
Best Newcomer DJ: Foreign Concept
Best 'Big' Club Night: Critical Sound @ Fabric (some of the best lineups this year IMO)
Best Festival: Outlook (didnt go but lineup was ridiculous)
Hall Of Fame:

Forum Awards:
Most Helpful: Moskit
Best Forum Member: stusmith
Best Mod: Karl
Best Admin: Smarty
Hall Of Fame: Fess (for his unrelenting use of the word 'black person' even though he's a fat white dude)

**NEW ADDITION**
Thread Of The Year: The one where loads of people posted in it. It went on for (insert number here) pages and bare lols were had.

Fes gonna cry when he see's that

Thread of the year isn't new, I call conspiracy, RT news article to follow

But it clearly is the ''Andy C six hour mp3 set'' thread, well done Moskit

Best Album: Symmetry - The Other Side LP
Best Track: Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - St Clair
Best Newcomer Producer: Gerra & Stone
Best DJ: Calyx & Teebee
Best Newcomer DJ: Mefjus
Best Label: Dispatch
Best 'Big' Club Night: RAM @ Fabric
Best 'Small' Club Night: Momentum
Best Festival: Outlook
Hall Of Fame: Break

DNB Awards
Best Album: DRS
Best Track: Dustup
Best Newcomer Producer: mefjus
Best Newcomer DJ: ?
Best MC:
Best Newcomer MC:
Best 'Big' Club Night:
Best 'Small' Club Night:
Best Festival:
Hall Of Fame: seba

Best Forum Member: stusmith

Big ups geez.

Best Album: The Other Side LP
Best Track: Enei - Obsession (Foreign Concept Remix)
Best DJ: Friction
Best Newcomer DJ: ???
Best Label: Critical/Modulations
Best 'Big' Club Night: Renegade Hardware @ Electric. (Critical is a close second)
Best Festival: Outlook (Metalheadz History Boat was pretty much the one, if you weren't on it you missed out)
Hall Of Fame: Goldie, purely for the banter on the Metalheadz boat party.

Most Helpful: TeddyBizzle
Best Forum Member: The Watcha
Best Mod: Smarty
Hall Of Fame: Lakritz

Last edited:
Best Album: Dan HabarNam - From The Known
Best Track: Fis - DMT Usher
Best Producer: Calyx & Teebee
Best Newcomer Producer: Fis
Best Newcomer DJ: Om Unit
Best MC: SP
Best Newcomer MC: Sense
Best Label: Exit
Best 'Big' Club Night: Shogun @ Cable
Best 'Small' Club Night: Shinobi Hull
Best Festival: Outlook... didn't go :(
Hall Of Fame: Bailey

Forum Awards:
Most Helpful: stusmith
Best Forum Member: stusmith / HAB
Best Newcomer: Watcha who im not sure is even new sorry!
Best Mod: Smarty
Best Admin: logikz
Hall Of Fame: Bloodstream for being everyone's favourite arrogant arsehole RIP

**NEW ADDITION**
Thread Of The Year: The thread

You wasn't there so why have you posted this?

it was a very good set. Best set I've ever seen. No one else has topped it this year. No one else has the ability to have a better set.

Thank you

If you werent there to witness it then you dont know what the fuck you're talking about quite frankly. 6 hours 45 mins of the best d&b dj, if not the best dj in general, murdering it. Hence why its the obvious choice.

You wasn't there so why have you posted this?

it was a very good set. Best set I've ever seen. No one else has topped it this year. No one else has the ability to have a better set.

Thank you

If you werent there to witness it then you dont know what the fuck you're talking about quite frankly. 6 hours 45 mins of the best d&b dj, if not the best dj in general, murdering it. Hence why its the obvious choice.

If you want to suport a dj who dont have his sets recorded because well nobody knows why, thats fine you do that! Personally i dont care about a 6 hour set or how good a dj he is if you cant let your fans hear a set deffinatly not worth the best dj award and by supporting him you are basically saying its fine not to have your sets recorded we will just wait and go see him live or wait till the next ram cd is out. No thanks

Wouldn't this process work better with a 1-3 or 1-5 choice system for each category? Otherwise we're going to end up with a ridiculous amount of nominees. Also seen quite a few people posting tunes I almost put as best track. :/ Even leave the voting system open for people to do it themselves.

Wouldn't this process work better with a 1-3 or 1-5 choice system for each category? Otherwise we're going to end up with a ridiculous amount of nominees. Also seen quite a few people posting tunes I almost put as best track. :/ Even leave the voting system open for people to do it themselves.

Haha i wouldnt worry to much, Its just a forums results which count for absolutely nothing. We should change the title tho

" DNBFORUM LIQUID AWARDS 2012/2013

If you want to suport a dj who dont have his sets recorded because well nobody knows why, thats fine you do that! Personally i dont care about a 6 hour set or how good a dj he is if you cant let your fans hear a set deffinatly not worth the best dj award and by supporting him you are basically saying its fine not to have your sets recorded we will just wait and go see him live or wait till the next ram cd is out. No thanks

LOL...

He doesnt have his sets recorded so therefore he's not the best dj.

Ok

I think you said it yourself, makes them more exclusive when they are released and just because he doesn't release his sets doesn't make him any less of a DJ. Not every DJ records every set you're supposed to go out and see them surely? That 6 hour set will be talked about by the people who were there, it will be one of them 'were you there' things rather than "where did you download it?"

Back
Top Bottom