DJ's Wanted for Dnb Night in Hertfordshire

This is the email i got from the dude who is doing it regarding my mix

Hi Mate,

Just make this quick as i did write you a long email but i lost connection and well you know how it is. Basically i am having loads of interest in this and lots of people submitting mixes.

I have has a listen to your and its good but sound like on the double drops are not as clean as id like and sound like the bass is in on both tunes. At 8.15 mins there is 2 tunes playing and they pitch clash so you get this high pitch screech.

Overall good but would consider you as more of a better mixer of liquid and liquid soul and early time slot.

But if you want to have another mix i will be more than happy to listen as your tune selection is good.

The 8:15 thing is still confusing me!! and he wants double drops with only one bassline!!! Bloke is well demanding!! He basically wants a night full of Andy C's on the roster!! Check my mix at 8:15 and see if you can hear the pitch screech he refers too. The bass thing is fine, some of my levels may have been messed up because it was a quick off the cuff mix!!

Let me know if you agree with what he is saying!! I am gonna do a more recent mix but its taking me a while to get my Mac and Traktor running how i want them!

http://soundcloud.com/evenstashdj/its-not-about-the-cash

see, there's definitely a scene round here that's not being exploited to its full potential, but london's only a stones throw, and the clubs round the town centre are all booked up with cheesy pop/house/wank nights that bring the dickheads in.

Yea, we used to love it in Watford!! Our dnb/dubstep night in Baraka/Area brought in a shit load of students!
The managers hated the music though so they tried controlling us more with what to play etc. More commercial shit like LK and stuff. Even though people were loving tunes like stigma and crank (at the time) :rolleyes:
Not sure what its like now haven't been for a fair few years. Town was shit when i used to go out/work there, probably will remain shit. So many dick heads coked out and stuck in fight mode! And its just Watford lol Is the fountain at the top still luminous green? :mrpanic:

If you have enough cash and can get them involved Batchwood used to put on sick nights! Its been so long since i been around Hertfordshire i just dunno what its like now. But a few years back it used to be a sick place to go rave!

Yea, we used to love it in Watford!! Our dnb/dubstep night in Baraka/Area brought in a shit load of students!
The managers hated the music though so they tried controlling us more with what to play etc. More commercial shit like LK and stuff. Even though people were loving tunes like stigma and crank (at the time) :rolleyes:
Not sure what its like now haven't been for a fair few years. Town was shit when i used to go out/work there, probably will remain shit. So many dick heads coked out and stuck in fight mode! And its just Watford lol Is the fountain at the top still luminous green? :mrpanic:

If you have enough cash and can get them involved Batchwood used to put on sick nights! Its been so long since i been around Hertfordshire i just dunno what its like now. But a few years back it used to be a sick place to go rave!

Exactly that.

Exactly that.

uhuh, i only turned 18 last september and have only really been going up town for the last couple of months, i've now given up, complete waste of time in comparison to a night out in london.

Shit people, shit clubs, shit tunes, shit watford.

Re: DJ's & MC's Wanted for Dnb Night in Hertfordshire

One of my mates is trying to set-up a Dnb night in Hertfordshire area and is looking for any DJ's who would be up for doing a set. Budget is kind of limited but if your interested PM me and i can forward him your details/rates. Any genre within Dnb is welcome

hi mate, is your mate still looking for djs?....

If so hit me back and ill send a demo.....i play out most weekends most recent being eksmans birthday bash at fire n lightbox and would be willing to play free of charge to help get the night up and running.

cheers matey

ps . i also run my own night so i know how much work goes into setting up a night.

Only just seen this.... I'd be up for supporting the nights... Ican play on vinyl, cdj or software but prefer vinyl/cdj

Been djing for nearly 15 years and play mainly jump up but the odd different styled track here and there.

Been on several pirate stations such as Renegade FM, Rise One, Mystery, Slick 96 FM, Sunshine

Been on too many internet stations to list....

Played at venues such as Brixton Academy, SE ONE, Root, Liquid, D:REAM Bar (Gravesend), VIP Bar (Croyden)

Was resident at The Vault for over a year before I moved away from the area.

Even used to play out at Pioneers of the Old Skool with MCs Sparks and Kie back in the day when i used to mix garage too lol

Will try and sort out a recent recording. I don't really record myself anymore... kind of pointless when fifty thousand other djs are ramming soundcloud mixes all over the net where ever you look lol I play for the fun of it, enjoy it for myself and those around me not spamming peoples facebooks especially with a mix it took 50 takes to perfect and then processed, limited and eq'd even lol

I could always post the video of my birthday bash set, it was recorded (with video) at 4am and I was pissed but still smashing the set up lol even the odd killer dance move in there lol

Last edited:
check out DISTORT @ the forum hertforshire in hatfield. have some wicked acts down there, wilkinson is playing this thurs. have had shy fx, andy c, chase and status, pendulem, matrix and futurebound and loads more.

check it out guys. the nights also involve an events company called vortex events, which do a wicked visual show as well as supplying extra bass bins from function one.

check out DISTORT @ the forum hertforshire in hatfield. have some wicked acts down there, wilkinson is playing this thurs. have had shy fx, andy c, chase and status, pendulem, matrix and futurebound and loads more.

check it out guys. the nights also involve an events company called vortex events, which do a wicked visual show as well as supplying extra bass bins from function one.

Yeah man hatfield is the shit.

This is the email i got from the dude who is doing it regarding my mix

The 8:15 thing is still confusing me!! and he wants double drops with only one bassline!!! Bloke is well demanding!! He basically wants a night full of Andy C's on the roster!! Check my mix at 8:15 and see if you can hear the pitch screech he refers too. The bass thing is fine, some of my levels may have been messed up because it was a quick off the cuff mix!!

Let me know if you agree with what he is saying!! I am gonna do a more recent mix but its taking me a while to get my Mac and Traktor running how i want them!

http://soundcloud.com/evenstashdj/its-not-about-the-cash

Never have both basses. It sounds shit. Have you heard a dj have both basses up on a club rig? It sounds awful.

FRICTION AND ROCKWELL AT IN HATFIELD.

WHERE: The Forum Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB Hatfield, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

WHEN: On the 5th December it's time to bow down to Shogun artists Fiction & Rockwell at this months Distort + Support from residents (Threshold, Hampton & Kodex)

Opening Times: 10pm-3am

TICKETS: http://bit.ly/1bGIXHq
- £5 in advance
- £7 on the door (£6 students)
- £10 after midnight

Drink Promotions:
- (X3) J Bombs = £7
- Draught Pints = £1.70
- Bacardi Oakheart & Mixer = £2
- 1/2 price on selected cocktails in the style bar

1468672_673108862723484_2123344792_n.jpg

Back