@ DJ's - Competition to play @ Scala

well ive tried for last 15 mins to register and when i click register fuck all happens so tried refresh just keeps saying error!

Are you using firefox? I couldn't register in firefox, but could through internet explorer.

I still can't upload my mix though for some reason :confused:

thought i'd post the 'rules' here for people to check out :

A single registration is required from each person to submit a mix AND/OR vote.

Only one mix per person

Last date for entries is Friday 14th November 2008. Voting is from 15th November 2008 to 28th November 2008.

If we are unable to proceed with the competition at any stage due to any actions by Youtube or other third party, we reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or rearrange the competition as we see fit.

If we are unable to proceed with the competition at any stage due to any actions by Youtube or other third party, we reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or rearrange the competition as we see fit. ENTRIES

Audio entries must be in MP3 format. The bit rate must be no higher than 160kbps. This will avoid browser "time-outs" with large audio files.

Audio entries must be no more than 30 minutes (Be sure to stick to these times. We can remove entries and you won't be able to register another mix!).

Back to Back sets are not allowed.

Your set must be a 100% live mix using turntables or CDJs of any make and model. No digital mix production software can be used (e.g. mixmeister, pro tools) to produce or edit your set.

The mix can be a studio/home mix or can be taken from a live event SO LONG AS YOU HAVE PERMISSSION TO USE IT FOR THIS COMPETITION.

MCs are allowed in mix entries to support the set, but none of these MCs will be going on to perform at the event.

We will pay travel expenses for the highest ranked international applicant to be in the final.

HOW & WHAT YOU WIN!

The winners will receive:

The top 8 entries with the most votes will play in room 3 of D&BA Xmas List @ Scala, Kings Cross, London on Friday 5th December 2008. You must be available for this date if you enter the competition.

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND!

Votes are submitted by registered users of the competition. You may register to vote without having to enter the competition

wicked, guna give it a listen mate!

just thinking about the selection and stuff now.... got a bit of time, but don't wana sit on it for too long. only thing that's bothering me if all the people on dnbarena are entering, it might a clique fest and they'll be slightly biased to people on there.
also wondering if everyones mix is going to look something like this :

tune 1 - name 1
> tease
> tease
> tease
song 2 - name 2
> tease
> tease
song 3 - name 3
> tease
> tease
> tease

you get the idea....

just clocked that miss. shortstuff is in it too, i dj with her on protokolradio.com
she ain't half bad!

wicked, guna give it a listen mate!

just thinking about the selection and stuff now.... got a bit of time, but don't wana sit on it for too long. only thing that's bothering me if all the people on dnbarena are entering, it might a clique fest and they'll be slightly biased to people on there.
also wondering if everyones mix is going to look something like this :

tune 1 - name 1
> tease
> tease
> tease
song 2 - name 2
> tease
> tease
song 3 - name 3
> tease
> tease
> tease

you get the idea....

Yeah i know what you mean, tracklists can be added after the voting begins apparently.

The thing i'v noticed from entries already, is there's quite alot of people playing the same tunes, from the T/L's i'v seen anyway.
People are already arguing about having the same mixes as each other lol

Mines not exactly EXCLUSIVE business anyway.
Let me know what ya think maaaan :wave:

yeah man, just checkin tings out. guna definatly have to come with some freshness on this. can see a lot of the same tunes being used already and there's only a few lists up.

TIME TO PUT THE TINKIN CAP ON YA NA.

Yeah i know what you mean, tracklists can be added after the voting begins apparently.

The thing i'v noticed from entries already, is there's quite alot of people playing the same tunes, from the T/L's i'v seen anyway.
People are already arguing about having the same mixes as each other lol

Mines not exactly EXCLUSIVE business anyway.
Let me know what ya think maaaan :wave:

Just had a listen mate, soundin liiive. Intro is fat.
I rekon the only problem with doin it on votes is that it cud turn into a popularity contest.
Fuck it tho, gives me an excuse to lay a new mix down!

YEH BWOY just got mine up, well happy with it!!

Chase and Status - Smash TV
>>>>> Ed Rush & Optical - Bacteria (Pendulum remix)
Tantrum Desire - Extinction
Taxman & Heist - Frequency Scale
DJ Hazard - Killers Dont Die
>>>>> Bad Company - The Nine
Charlie Jones & Original Sin - Love Games
>>>>> Dillinja - Hard Noise
DJ Die - Flashpoint
>>>>> Shy FX - Feelings
Chase and Status - Street Life
System - Near Miss
Original Sin - D for Danger
D-bridge & Vegas - True Romance