DJ Nuera - April 2013

Gully gully mix matthugh. I was listening to this whilst painting and when one of them dropped I wanted to punch dance out my frustration.

yeah this mix is serious! i had good expectations but this is top notch stuff. dancefloor would be left in pieces after this!

Haha nah it was cool. I stopped painting once I heard it come in.

hahah excellent, i'll put a disclaimer on the next mix :D

Loved it Matty son!! Another great listen.

Big ups Charlie! Nice one for checking it out brother :hold_hand

yeah this mix is serious! i had good expectations but this is top notch stuff. dancefloor would be left in pieces after this!

haha big ups man, thank you! That's always the aim, no-one gets out alive :teeth:

looks like i'm in for a treat. will listen multiple times and try to feedback in watcha manor. could take a while

:) why not have some Watcha feedback as well.

Opening with Neo was wicked. Not heard that tune in a mix in time + that "everytime I lose my direction" double was sweet. Really vibed off of Neo, then when Tombraider came in, it kept the energy pounding, eased in well & under the radar, but to full effect on the drop. Next mix with Limber is quality, wasn't completely feeling the vocals of the tune at 4:57, but it brought some drawn out filthy notes from the drop & switching it back into Limber for its wobbed bass note to do more damage was a quality touch. Skank brought some more dirty flavours to Limber before bouncing back to its hooked note, then bringing Transition vip in for some rolling undercurrents. Not sold on the next vocals, but the tune was nice, hearing that for the first time, then some Air Guitar used exceptionally well & to full effect, bringing that menacing bass in :) Fair play for including that Hazard tune. Whispers of Aztec's hook coming in for some electro melody intro build up, then Take You Higher's hooks in for the double :) Pleasing hearing a Run Off tease in there for good measure, back to Take You Higher. Not sure what the next tune is, but bounced well with Snorkel or the next tune that is doubled with Troglodyte, but whatever it is, it winds in & out of Troglodyte really well.

Loved it when Set Up The Set cut through Troglodyte for a brief tease before the next tune took hold. What is that man? The one with the 'drop' sample? Troglodytes bleeps peeking through on top of the mix from behind the relentless pounding bass, then that next tune..... need an id on that one as well please. Kept the filthy bass rolling for the contrasted next tune to do some damage at 19:30. Pleased to hear Phantom Force rmx making an appearance with some familiar Kingpin vocals over the top, like the way the 170 Fracture rmx goes well with the hectic chat over the top. More vocals, but of a female kind sit well over the tail end of Phantom Force rmx, setting up the next mix with Scarecrow very well. Another tune I haven't heard in time. Enjoyed more electro melody of the next tune with the solitary bass womp + other tune that possibly gets mixed here, mixed so well that there probably is another tune in there, before the reconisable Love So True vips unmistakeable vocal intro does its thing, something sitting nicely underneath LST, before The One cuts through the ride with maximum effect :) LST vip builds the breakdown for Cypher to cut through the rough beat, letting its mellow effective bass work its way on the top of the mix. Bass Too Dark vocals bouncing on the beat, but not full coming in (from what I heard) was a nice touch.

Not sure what the next tune is, but the unmistakable Beginning brings its relentless pounding filth for the double with that tune. More unknown hecticness comes in at 34:25 with Boogie. Should really know the next tune, as it sounds like a Subfocus bit working wonders with Boogie, then when Signalz comes in, it completely cranks the energy levels up a notch. Really like hearing Signalz more & more, especially when its appearing more & more in members mixes. Big smile on my face for that tease in there :) won't say what it is for anyone who hasn't heard it yet. Not too keen on the next tune, as its a bit to dancefloory for me, with some happy hardcore vocals in there. Mmm Engulfer filth drops some nuggets in there :) nice to hear that in there. Be True sits nicely with the previous tune, very nice hearing that in a mix again, before I hear Snapcase building & doing its thing, easing Be True back a little, for it to whisper its hooks underneath the Snapcase mix. Ooo, Atlantis' unmistakable hooks in for the rmx to build & bringing Snapcase back in where you did was quality. The melody of Atlantis rmx really complimenting Snapcase in there. Stripped back flavours for the next tune & its vocals ease in for some steppy madness to to its thing, with Atlantis rmx's note underneath. Bit too much for me, that tune.

Bit strange the way it went to 2 step / garage or what ever the last 7 mins was. However,the tune was growing on me buy the end of that little section

Nice one for recording on Traktor. Closest you can get to it still being vinyl I suppose. Wicked mix right the way through, even though I wasn't sold on some of the more dancefloory bits. There was enough in there to keep me interested. Liked hearing Air Guitar & Engulfer (coming from a jump up background) + lots of the other sections which made me smile & between those were pure quality. I think its the first mix of yours I've listened to & got to say it was top drawer. Nicely done man!

Would appreciate if you could give my latest mix a whirl & jot some words. Ez

Last edited:
:) why not have some Watcha feedback as well.

Opening with Neo was wicked. Not heard that tune in a mix in time + that "everytime I lose my direction" double was sweet. Really vibed off of Neo, then when Tombraider came in, it kept the energy pounding, eased in well & under the radar, but to full effect on the drop. Next mix with Limber is quality, wasn't completely feeling the vocals of the tune at 4:57, but it brought some drawn out filthy notes from the drop & switching it back into Limber for its wobbed bass note to do more damage was a quality touch. Skank brought some more dirty flavours to Limber before bouncing back to its hooked note, then bringing Transition vip in for some rolling undercurrents. Not sold on the next vocals, but the tune was nice, hearing that for the first time, then some Air Guitar used exceptionally well & to full effect, bringing that menacing bass in :) Fair play for including that Hazard tune. Whispers of Aztec's hook coming in for some electro melody intro build up, then Take You Higher's hooks in for the double :) Pleasing hearing a Run Off tease in there for good measure, back to Take You Higher. Not sure what the next tune is, but bounced well with Snorkel or the next tune that is doubled with Troglodyte, but whatever it is, it winds in & out of Troglodyte really well.

Loved it when Set Up The Set cut through Troglodyte for a brief tease before the next tune took hold. What is that man? The one with the 'drop' sample? Troglodytes bleeps peeking through on top of the mix from behind the relentless pounding bass, then that next tune..... need an id on that one as well please. Kept the filthy bass rolling for the contrasted next tune to do some damage at 19:30. Pleased to hear Phantom Force rmx making an appearance with some familiar Kingpin vocals over the top, like the way the 170 Fracture rmx goes well with the hectic chat over the top. More vocals, but of a female kind sit well over the tail end of Phantom Force rmx, setting up the next mix with Scarecrow very well. Another tune I haven't heard in time. Enjoyed more electro melody of the next tune with the solitary bass womp + other tune that possibly gets mixed here, mixed so well that there probably is another tune in there, before the reconisable Love So True vips unmistakeable vocal intro does its thing, something sitting nicely underneath LST, before The One cuts through the ride with maximum effect :) LST vip builds the breakdown for Cypher to cut through the rough beat, letting its mellow effective bass work its way on the top of the mix. Bass Too Dark vocals bouncing on the beat, but not full coming in (from what I heard) was a nice touch.

Not sure what the next tune is, but the unmistakable Beginning brings its relentless pounding filth for the double with that tune. More unknown hecticness comes in at 34:25 with Boogie. Should really know the next tune, as it sounds like a Subfocus bit working wonders with Boogie, then when Signalz comes in, it completely cranks the energy levels up a notch. Really like hearing Signalz more & more, especially when its appearing more & more in members mixes. Big smile on my face for that tease in there :) won't say what it is for anyone who hasn't heard it yet. Not too keen on the next tune, as its a bit to dancefloory for me, with some happy hardcore vocals in there. Mmm Engulfer filth drops some nuggets in there :) nice to hear that in there. Be True sits nicely with the previous tune, very nice hearing that in a mix again, before I hear Snapcase building & doing its thing, easing Be True back a little, for it to whisper its hooks underneath the Snapcase mix. Ooo, Atlantis' unmistakable hooks in for the rmx to build & bringing Snapcase back in where you did was quality. The melody of Atlantis rmx really complimenting Snapcase in there. Stripped back flavours for the next tune & its vocals ease in for some steppy madness to to its thing, with Atlantis rmx's note underneath. Bit too much for me, that tune.

Bit strange the way it went to 2 step / garage or what ever the last 7 mins was. However,the tune was growing on me buy the end of that little section

Nice one for recording on Traktor. Closest you can get to it still being vinyl I suppose. Wicked mix right the way through, even though I wasn't sold on some of the more dancefloory bits. There was enough in there to keep me interested. Liked hearing Air Guitar & Engulfer (coming from a jump up background) + lots of the other sections which made me smile & between those were pure quality. I think its the first mix of yours I've listened to & got to say it was top drawer. Nicely done man!

Would appreciate if you could give my latest mix a whirl & jot some words. Ez

Ahhh mate, mammoth feedback! Thank you so much. I think the tunes you were after we're Rene LaVice - Perfect World, and Misanthrop - Viperfish. :)

Many thanks again geez, i've got a couple of mixes to listen to so i'll add yours to the list today and get some feedback down.
Big ups sir!

Watcha has smashed the feedback as above but I do have a few thoughts...

Certainly the sheer pace of the entire mix is shudderingly good. Never felt bored listening the whole way through, even if a few tunes weren't really my cuppa t the technical ability you show is pretty incredible.

Neo > Direction >> Tomb Raider was a crazy way to get this going. Direction fused so well with Neo then it didnt even feel I had enough time to catch and breath and Tomb Raider is rocking the ride. Wicked energy.

Skank > Aftermath > I have no idea what the tune was after was a cool little section too, pissed that Fourward EP never got a vinyl release. love that tune.

I think the majority of the teases are what really done it for me in this mix.
Troglodyte > Set Up The Set was wicked probably my favourite of the bunch. The way Run Off came in after the mix with Aztec > & that wilko tune was crazy quick again.

Still for me technically the best DJ to post on forum on a regular basis.

Wicked stuff matty, still would like to see you on a big system as i've said before will have to see if I can reach a set sometime soon.

(y)

Ahhh mate, mammoth feedback! Thank you so much. I think the tunes you were after we're Rene LaVice - Perfect World, and Misanthrop - Viperfish. :)

Many thanks again geez, i've got a couple of mixes to listen to so i'll add yours to the list today and get some feedback down.
Big ups sir!

No worries man! All in a days work. Mammoth feedback for a mammoth mix :)
Nice one for those id's. Shame that Perfect World is the only stand out tune on that LP for me.

Cool, whenever you can fit it in

quality mix, fast paced, quick mixing, banging selection, alot more techy rolling then the last mix i heard which i love..
cant remember all the mixes, but the intro was heavy, followed by tombraider which just set the pace..
the mix with Kingpin and 'Forces was mega, and the jungle tune before that, what was that !! Bass II Dark came in later and The Begining which both had class mixes/tunes surrounding them, the tune that most surprised me i think is a Subfocus tune around 35 mins
loved the clamer pieces towards the end with Be True , Atlantis but again surrounding them with filth !
Tune at the end was a nice way to end too, big mix !

Watcha has smashed the feedback as above but I do have a few thoughts...

Certainly the sheer pace of the entire mix is shudderingly good. Never felt bored listening the whole way through, even if a few tunes weren't really my cuppa t the technical ability you show is pretty incredible.

Neo > Direction >> Tomb Raider was a crazy way to get this going. Direction fused so well with Neo then it didnt even feel I had enough time to catch and breath and Tomb Raider is rocking the ride. Wicked energy.

Skank > Aftermath > I have no idea what the tune was after was a cool little section too, pissed that Fourward EP never got a vinyl release. love that tune.

I think the majority of the teases are what really done it for me in this mix.
Troglodyte > Set Up The Set was wicked probably my favourite of the bunch. The way Run Off came in after the mix with Aztec > & that wilko tune was crazy quick again.

Still for me technically the best DJ to post on forum on a regular basis.

Wicked stuff matty, still would like to see you on a big system as i've said before will have to see if I can reach a set sometime soon.

(y)

Ahhh huge big ups Stu, thanks so much man! Wicked feedback.
Yeah i'd love for loads of the forum guys to come check a set one day. Hopefully it'll happen sooner than later! :D

No worries man! All in a days work. Mammoth feedback for a mammoth mix :)
Nice one for those id's. Shame that Perfect World is the only stand out tune on that LP for me.

Cool, whenever you can fit it in

Haha thanks again man!

quality mix, fast paced, quick mixing, banging selection, alot more techy rolling then the last mix i heard which i love..
cant remember all the mixes, but the intro was heavy, followed by tombraider which just set the pace..
the mix with Kingpin and 'Forces was mega, and the jungle tune before that, what was that !! Bass II Dark came in later and The Begining which both had class mixes/tunes surrounding them, the tune that most surprised me i think is a Subfocus tune around 35 mins
loved the clamer pieces towards the end with Be True , Atlantis but again surrounding them with filth !
Tune at the end was a nice way to end too, big mix !

big ups Danny! Nice for checking it out geez. Yeah all about squeezing those cheeky little classics in there, and I hadn't played the Subby bit in a while so it had to get drawn!

Big up again bro :)

yea one heavy in your face mix. wasn't bored for a bit. you managed to keep me interested the whole time, always wondered, what comes next :)

Finally got a chance bro. Intro was nuts! Neo > Direction was a great little blend there, and I loved how the two actually seemed to complement each other. I knew from the get-go that this was gonna be a technical-as-hell mix. The tease into Tomb Raider was sick as well! Came outta nowhere and really stole it, great EQing! FUCK ME that tune you led Direction into was ridiculous as well. Great heavy vibes, sets a great pace.

Was TOTALLY loving Limber, Skank, that whole section. Relentless dancefloor vibe. I'm not the biggest fan of Air Guitar, but I respect the mix into it. Beatmatching was unbelievable in this bit because of the varied drum rhythms. Really shows off that skill with the third deck, respect! I really appreciated the Aztec tease, as you picked the perfect spot to drop it in during Air Guitar, and also flawlessly led Take Me Higher into as well. The vocals peeked in exactly where they were supposed to, and were EQ'd with the mid perfectly well. And then Run Off, whenever you hear it, is officially Fuck Off Business. As is the case here.

Someone mentioned the Close Call -> Snorkel -> Troggy bit and it really shows how well you paired these tunes. Proper EQing, pace never relents, great jumping between the first two mid-mix before bringing it all together. Really next-level stuff going on here, man. Set Up The Set would destroy the floor, guaranteed, dropped as it was with Troglodyte. Rewind status.

Viperfish, mate. Fuck off. That tune is such utter destruction. Brought in maddeningly well here. Speaking of out of nowhere, One of Them was absolute carnage. Bloody murder, that tune is. Usually not a fan of Limewax and gabber-ish stuff but this worked so well here in the mix. The next bit was a bit hectic but lovely at the same time. Phantom Force was nasty but Torqux tune was a showstealer. Gotta track that down now. I'm so glad to hear Scarecrow, even as a tease, because I rinse that tune quite a bit.

Bringing the vibe down momentarily, then I really like this next section that starts with that Mampi tune. Proper vibes here. Cypher -> Bass 2 Dark was sick as well, then going into... whatever that tune is plus the Beginning. I know the tune but can't place it. Either way, sick mix and quick pickup out of The Beginning. Really good stuff. And then it goes into Boogie which is just mind-losing business. What a fucking tune. Love the tease with Juno, highly underrated tune there.

Signalz > Nightflight?!? WHAAAAT?! I nearly flipped my shit! I would have lost it at a rave with that. Same with Synth City -> Be True. Be True came in like a sneaky fucker and totally outshine what is a phenomenal tune. The vocals peeked out perfectly, the EQ was great to give proper homage to Synth City and still give Be True the whole show. Standout pairing, there, really. Something I would never try myself.

Wasn't totally sold on the next bit with Atlantis Remix and the various tunes teased around it. The mixing was spot on, just wasn't getting a proper vibe from it, I'm afraid. Maybe I'm just weird. However! The last tune was bloody lovely. And I liked it as the end of the mix, like a cooldown at the end of a workout. Really nice vibes, gonna have to track that one down!

What can I say that I haven't said (or everybody else hasn't said) about all your mixes? We bow to your technical ability and track choice. Keep on being the god.

Back
Top Bottom