DJ HYPE Drum+Bass Essentials...

There's a difference between playing across the board over the course of a couple of hours and mashing up tunes that don't fit at all together.

For example, Seen is a sick tune as is Melanie but mixed together they make no sense.

Well to a lot of you these CD's haven't hit the spot, still not listened to it myself yet, but what Riisu meant edman was that Hype plays across the board in general, and has done for years and does it quite well LIVE, but by the sounds of it it hasn't come across well on these CD's.

:hype: DJ HYPE :hype:

Presents Drum & Bass Essentials 2009!!

"He just dont give a fuck"

Well to a lot of you these CD's haven't hit the spot, still not listened to it myself yet, but what Riisu meant edman was that Hype plays across the board in general, and has done for years and does it quite well LIVE, but by the sounds of it it hasn't come across well on these CD's.

Yeah hasn't really been thought through. Most of his Kiss shows flow a lot better and they are partly off the cuff. You don't want to overthink it but just considering what's likely to go together is worthwhile rather than just throwing it together haphazardly.

If you saw Hype play now you would leave. That's what I did at Ram yesterday. Absolutely turd set. Flat one dimensional mixing and didnt play across theboard by any stretch of the imgination. In fact he hasnt for the last 2 years or so when I've seen him.

i did end up buying the cd and i wasnt happy! some of the mixes sounded awful together and it seems to me as this cd was rushed along

I thought the first half of disk one killed it but then it went off a bit because the tunes are just a lot of big jump up tunes that don't really roll in the mix sadly, and that is one of the things that made his old dnb essentials CD so good.
Well woth a listen though and the scratching and mixing is spot on!

i thought his set last night was banging.
he even mixed some jungley tunes in and played that tune by original sin that has that tramen break thing...not solar the otherone.
also IC3 was mcing on his set and he came into the crowd, he kept putting his hand on my shoulder while he was mcing and dancing.
It was mainly jump up but i think hype was just pleasing the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom