DJ HYPE Drum+Bass Essentials...

it's hardly essential, probably 3 great tracks on there, the rest are gonna be forgotten about in six months. mis-representing itself i feel

Sorry to put a negative light on this thread seeing as so many people like it, but this mix is terrible. Tune selection is weak and dated in places, a lot of the mixes simply don't work and I just found it really really dull. He previous dnba was much better than this I feel. I honestly couldn't listen to this again.

Of course it's gonna be dated in places.

It was most probably done a month or two ago, theres a budget to keep to, not every tune Hype wants to have on it is available due to producers holding back tunes/copyright clearance issues etc etc..........it's gonna happen and it always will on these CD's that are for the HMV/Tesco market.

im not to keen on this only a few tracks i actually like on this

I won't even bother with this. The last essential mix was very good and had classic tunes throughout. This has too many not even average tunes like Meat Bubbles, various original sin tracks and the horror that is a clipz remix of the worst tune pendulum could possibly create.

Not just the tune selection and the fact some tunes are old, I just found it bland and uninspiring. Just my two cents...

Also don't think it's a very good representation of the scene in terms of nailing all styles.

Last edited:
To an extent. Of course has to play all styles on a 'drum n bass' cd but just don't think there is enough variety. Just my opinion. Go and listen to and tell me if you like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom