december compo poll!

what do you want the theme of the compo to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need the sound of a trumpet, the sound of an angel, umm, a plague...that could be like Shkrillex, can I have a dubstep as well thanx.
This is going to be quite cool, I'm already looking forward to hearing what you all come up with.

single hits marklar? what did you think 'one shots' meant? half a drink at the bar? i feel like rachel from 'friends' saying this. there will be single hits marklars, dont worry. already have a pack of 30 ready to go. you got anything to contribute to the sample pack? would be greatly appreciated if you did.
if noone else wants to contribute i guess ill whoop up the whole thing myself sometime before xmas i guess. but be prepared, its not going to be pretty.
its going to be the end of the world is what its going to be.

sorry dawg didnt read your post
beacuse i unfurtunately cant reed

oh and i have nothing to contribute at the moment but i may russel some wack samples up in a day or 2

no whale noises. yes to trumpet. our very own phat_sam is providing the strings directory! thank you samuel old boy, looking forward to your input.

marklars, a... little directory of nasty bass noises perhaps? can you rustle that up? or a small grouping of single hits?
shouldnt be too hard for a man of your standing, now should it. spyre you got something for us?

whale noises arent very industrial or apocalyptic but they still need to be there
in case you want to make a burial remix

im taking an executive decision on this, and no whale nosies allowed. less you craft one of your own of course, i guess that would qualify as vocals. still i have a hard time seeing how thats apocalyptical. but come on marklars, surely you can do a generic folder of basic bass sounds for us, or something along those lines?

im still drunk now mang will have to be another day wen i feel less spangled

also my pc has aids and is very unreliable at the moment i may not even be able to enter the comp
saving for new pc at the moment

come on big man, dont be evasive, its only about 10 sounds per category? surely you have that? i understand if you cant be arsed but its only three in the day and a little rummaging around the old sample library for a few minutes couldnt hurt, surely you got it in you to pull that off?

industrial noises (which is basically machine sounds, and factory reverb noises, isnt it)
and vocals. any kind of vocals, spoken word, rapping, whispering, singing etc.

i think it ill be a piquant twist to the compo. or maybe fuck the industrial thing and jsut allow for vocals?

but you can of course resample anything into anything, a snare becomes a synth, a vocal becomes a pad, thats the whole point of the sample pack really. to make creative by imposing limitations. sadly we cant be too limiting or nobody will participate.

you are required to explain how you came up with a sound, if challeneged, but so far this has never happened.

i dont get why people who are not going to participate (unless its a veritable loopmasters sample pack) vote in the poll?
40 votes and we usually get like 15 submissions. bunch of wierdos.

Last edited:
choose anything you feel like or think youre capable of delivering original content on the most

industrial wise or other too? we need:
drums directory - one shots and breaks
bass directory - sub, distorted basses and synth basses and so forth
synth directory - something to make strings, pads, arps, leads etc from
choir directory - this compo NEEDS a choir directory. no apocalypse without that choir song, you know the one i mean. ooohs and aaahs basically.
industrial directory - we have an industrial drum kit, need authentic clanks twangs thunks plonks and bangs from factories and machines and parking lots etc
fx directory - just a few dramatic sounds should do, this never gets used anyway. mainly for granular synthesis i imagine

just 5 to 10 files per category, tops. it should have everything you need to put a tune together, even for a noob, but the choice must be limited, or theres no challenge is there.

the synth directory looks fking enormous but its not really, the same thing you make strings from is the same thing you make pads from and anything can be an arp, and leads, well, anything can be looped into a lead type sound, cant it.

there should be single hits for drums
i use reason and chopping isnt really a thing.lol

Huh? isn't the Rexx format from Reason? I saw boyinaband do mad chopping in Reason and was very jealous. In Reaper I can chop wonderfully then can't do anything unless I save everything and load it into sampler instances by one per sample...

Back
Top Bottom