december compo poll!

what do you want the theme of the compo to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanna send a sound to the pack! some neuro future techy steppy - I'd love to be a judge too but I still want to be able to enter Ark :gun:

asdasdasdasdxn.png

Last edited:
ok so whos up for helping out with the sample pack. so far we got
groelle: various, will see what he comes up with
psychoholic: tb303 directory!
me: bunch of industrial sounds ive recorded myself

i know there were more people offering, we just have to get this thing going, i reckon its going to be one of the best compos yet,
and it shouldnt be that hard to do an apocalyptic sample pack, just some original content, some quality loops for the noobs,
various directories of drums and synths and noises, all with an end-of-days-death-is-breathing-down-my-neck vibe (which can be akward with a tambourine, i mean, how can you tell if its evil or not? at least with a conga you know where you stand). anyway we have until the middle or end, even, of this month to get ready. but this neednt take any time, just a quick browse through your library, throw together a few suitable bits and bobs, send to me, and ill organize it into a pack and so on and so on jeez im tweaked so i just type and type and type

haha and 37 votes?! thats double the submissions and damn near the normal total amount of votes for a compo? i think its only the ones that intend to participate that should be allowed to vote, next time we do a clandestine thing. ill decide the whole shit, be the only competitior and win it, then spend a week on the piss. to celebrate. and you wont know until the voting is over, for i will be the only voter. much more better sytstem.

ok so whos up for helping out with the sample pack. so far we got
groelle: various, will see what he comes up with
psychoholic: tb303 directory!
me: bunch of industrial sounds ive recorded myself

i know there were more people offering, we just have to get this thing going, i reckon its going to be one of the best compos yet,
and it shouldnt be that hard to do an apocalyptic sample pack, just some original content, some quality loops for the noobs,
various directories of drums and synths and noises, all with an end-of-days-death-is-breathing-down-my-neck vibe (which can be akward with a tambourine, i mean, how can you tell if its evil or not? at least with a conga you know where you stand). anyway we have until the middle or end, even, of this month to get ready. but this neednt take any time, just a quick browse through your library, throw together a few suitable bits and bobs, send to me, and ill organize it into a pack and so on and so on jeez im tweaked so i just type and type and type

How the hell did I get into this ! Hah, btw I don't own a tb303 I got a mc303 !

i can do an industrial sample folder, its just clanks and whirrls and slams and twangs from big metallic things like stairs or ATMs or whatever right?
no problem, i can put that together. then you can use that to make your theme to the end of the earths, i think that would work just fine.
also, like i said, i think the rules should be you can record any industrial sound you like, and, also, vocals. original vocals in any capacity.
alls we need now is to get the sample pack on the go and were in business. parsons, you got something you can contribute with?
a one shot directory? some breaks? a couple of basses? the more people chip in the sooner it will be on. and its going to be on alright. whoa yeah boy. whoooooooa yeah. ill punk your ass out thaddeus.

I just want to go to an old factory with a hammer, microphone and buzzsaw and record some shit.

yeah man I got some one shots I could contribute for sure :) some techy hits of like different household objects and also some more mechanical style/themed stuff!

Sorry logikz just noticed you are taking care of the industrial things, what you after specifically? Pretty sure I could help out whatever you need :)

attire that would be perfectly acceptable. you know what my brother did haha hes got an iphone and apparently iphones record in stereo, so he found himself in this woodshop classroom and started sampling clanks and thunks and twangs and whirrs when he figures out he can get two - not one - but TWO drill machines, on each side of the phone and RECORD DRILLS IN STEREO haha hes such a speng sometimes. you know what that sounds like? drills in stereo?
totally, utterly, 200%, useless. like, one? maybe could find a use for it, if you were really hard pressed to, but two? and in stereo.

anyway psychoholic you fking beeeeeeaut! sample pack is 10% complete, compo is officially underway, just need yall to pitch in a little, thing is if i do the sample pack myself, it always comes out too... l33t, like too minimal. so we got 3 (three) submissions that time which is why id quite like some help with it.

haha my sample pack was a drum kit, sampled in one wav, through.... possibly an old broken amp, then three waveforms, two normal breaks (for noobs, i charitably thought) aaaaaaand that was pretty much it. it was me, gordo and one more kid that submitted. we gave him the victory as we arranged the thing, and three submissions isnt exactly a party, it was a lot like pulling up in a fully fledged gunship to a remote controlled toy car play day for kids under 4 in the park, and then claiming that winning is everything to a winner and other things they say in fast and the furious

Sorry logikz just noticed you are taking care of the industrial things, what you after specifically? Pretty sure I could help out whatever you need :)

industrial wise or other too? we need:
drums directory - one shots and breaks
bass directory - sub, distorted basses and synth basses and so forth
synth directory - something to make strings, pads, arps, leads etc from
choir directory - this compo NEEDS a choir directory. no apocalypse without that choir song, you know the one i mean. ooohs and aaahs basically.
industrial directory - we have an industrial drum kit, need authentic clanks twangs thunks plonks and bangs from factories and machines and parking lots etc
fx directory - just a few dramatic sounds should do, this never gets used anyway. mainly for granular synthesis i imagine

and that should do us, i think? that should be enough for any man to make a song out of, also, there will be loops in all relevant categories for beginners to play with and maybe come up with something to participate with too. bassline loop, pad loop, drum loop, whack them on top of each other and voila, tune!

that coupled with the fact you can record sounds of your own, and vocals of your own, should make for a formidable compo, if you have any ideas on what might be missing or what we could do differently do tell, because ive done this for years and i suck at it, subprime did a smashing job last time and that was his first time. funny old world we live in, isnt it.

there should be single hits for drums
i use reason and chopping isnt really a thing.lol

single hits marklar? what did you think 'one shots' meant? half a drink at the bar? i feel like rachel from 'friends' saying this. there will be single hits marklars, dont worry. already have a pack of 30 ready to go. you got anything to contribute to the sample pack? would be greatly appreciated if you did.
if noone else wants to contribute i guess ill whoop up the whole thing myself sometime before xmas i guess. but be prepared, its not going to be pretty.
its going to be the end of the world is what its going to be.

Back
Top Bottom