december compo poll!

what do you want the theme of the compo to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

logikz

I Am Not The King
1. outer space compo. make a dnb tune to reflect outer space, whats going on out there. deserted space station? unmanned space craft aimlessly floating carrying something sinister? or is it just big dark lonley and cold with the stars glisteninig in the far off distance? inspiring to say the least.

2. apocalypse compo
is the heavens opening up and the arch angels coming down to rain fire and brimstone? the earth opening up and demons grabbing at your feet?
or are the nukes just started to fly, the shockwaves are hitting your town any minute now and you have ten minutes to say how you really feel to someone special? a very immediate and intense scenario.

3. remix a pop song with stems (but like what? where do we get the stems to a pop song? you know i once had tina turners aint no mountiain high enough stems, that could be an idea? or something similar, if you have suggestions please do tell)

4. winter theme compo. the rimfrost, the pitch black ravens in the snow covered pines, the mercilessly biting cold wind, the red snow marking danger, the wolves in the forest, the ice on the lake, the roaring fire.

5. rebirth style compo, for those of you who remember rebirth (reasons older brother). 808/909 drums, 2xtb303 synths and a stand alone synth everyone can use and sample as they like. for example the Nordlead Modular G2 Editor, Oxe, or maybe bazille or something similar?
should be doable for reason users too, im sure the reason can do a decent 303, or youll just have to install rebirth again and do loops from there. could be an idea? i think that sounds fun. of course thats a sample pack issue more than a theme really, but it should prove interesting and i believe there is a certain style of dnb that comes from such premises.

6. gabber dnb. self explanatory really. sample pack will consist of insane kicks, amens, 8 bit bleeps, obnoxious vox samples, distorted drummachines, filthy distorted choirs and strings, could be interpreted as breakcore or whatever it is counterstrike and them was doing.

7. industrial dnb with machine-sounds sample pack, from mechanical drum machines to recordings of hardware whirring and stabbing, as well as metal clinks and clangs. could be fun!

Last edited:
iv4 your vote didnt register. and right now the industrial theme is in the lead, which i think we should add two things to,
1. you can record vocals and
2. you can record your own industrial noises as well
sound like good addendums?

got to be apocalypse really?
2012 and all
and we will never know who won cos we will all be dead

dude they changed the date for that from 12th of may 2012 to 'sometime in the coming 5000 years', it was a total hoax, the mayans, advanced for their time as though they may have been, were still utter cavemen, and shit-daft, i can believe people actually thought something people that didnt even have invented shoes or scissors said was going to happen was going to happen and nnot only that, it was the end of the world too! haha sooo stupid. but it will end of course, thats not what im saying. it will end for each and everyone of us at some point, but i doubt there will be a cataclysm within the coming 100 years, all thats gonna happen is that youll die, of natural causes probably, and your world will end, which is the only sense in which this whole hype had any relevance

right, looks like its going to be apocalypse with an industrial sample pack (or something like that, sounds like a good combo)
im not going to call it just yet though, give it another day or so.

the prize is a boss distortion pedal put up by our very own twerky1!!!! big thanks to twerky for putting up the prize and for those of you who dont know, distortion pedals are awesome to resample through. turn a digital guy into an analog believer.

regarding entering the competition, my latest song fits the apocalypse theme kinda thing, has it gotta be a new song or can i enter the one ive just finished? :)

Back
Top Bottom