december compo poll!

what do you want the theme of the compo to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
regarding entering the competition, my latest song fits the apocalypse theme kinda thing, has it gotta be a new song or can i enter the one ive just finished? :)

let me explain the concept of a compo. its a competition (compo for short) its got a sample pack (means a set group of sounds you have to make your sounds from) and a deadline (a specific date when the song has to be finished and submitted to the judges).
so no, you cant submit an old song for a number of reasons.
your ground zero bit there is pretty swinging i have to say buddy, keep at it

besides, instinctively? i have no idea what apocalyptic would sound like. really, none. which is why i think it would be good to combine the two.

heres my list:
1. outer space
2. winter
3. remix a pop song
4. rebirth compo

in fact i burn for rebirth compo but we will go by public choice, next time i will leave this to a select group of people on the production forum to decide.
myself excluded.

right now weve got 26 voters which is funny cos we usually have 10-20 submissions? apocalyptic is winning by a damn mile,
what are your thoughts on an industrial sample pack for that theme? or do you want a purely apocalyptical sample pack
i dont know what that would be, alls i know is i want choirs in there in some capacity. but an industrial sample pack would be kind of cool no?

Industrial music from the 90's still used guitars and instruments, the machinery sounds created the drum/percussion parts, that's how I remember it anyway

Any apocalypse will no doubt result in a vain attempt by a select few to escape into space, only to realise they're screwed.

According to wiki Apocalypse, translated from the greek just means the revelation of something that was hidden.

yeah our industrial will strickly use sounds recorded from machinery and drummachines and most probably a synth directory for various.
but mainly recorded things.
industrial - very easy to interpret and come up with something relevant
apocalypse - very open to interpretation, what does it actually mean? in this case were going for the end of the world interpretation btw.

which is why outerspace or rebirth compo is way better. but we cant beat apocalypse now not with 9, even if me, hans and attire vote.
so apocalypse with industrial sample pack and the option to record vocals and your own industrial sounds is what its most probably going to be.
and a 2 week deadline. how do you like that? december is a busy month, xmas, nye, everything. its that or mid january which is long and totally suck.

also i think junglefever and tewky1 should get special treatment for their involvement in this, and subprime too, should he feel like hosting again, i feel these three should get double votes or something for putting us up like that

oh aannnnd you feel like hosting again? or helping out a little? it would be excellent seeing as you fking nailed it last time. nailed it to the tree man.

I don't mind helping out again, or if somebody else is keen that's cool. If we're going before Christmas tho I might be fairly useless, not going to have that much free time.

let me explain the concept of a compo. its a competition (compo for short) its got a sample pack (means a set group of sounds you have to make your sounds from) and a deadline (a specific date when the song has to be finished and submitted to the judges).
so no, you cant submit an old song for a number of reasons.
your ground zero bit there is pretty swinging i have to say buddy, keep at it
ohhhh i hear ya! well ill give it a whirl! n cheers haha need to update my sig , that was my first time with logic haha

Back
Top Bottom