Check Out Pendulum slagging off the whole jump up scene and Kool FM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also he didnt say a bad word about Kool fm. He just didnt know where the tunes come from.

Well, he obviously didn't give it a good enough listen did he, as i'm pretty sure tunes that are played by Ruffstuff, Kane etc etc are available to buy when and if released.

Maybe he heard some graveyard shift set with some DJ playing shit fillers from the back of the bag.

pendudumb.jpg

I like jump up, how can it be dead when I am just getting it?

i dont see why people think they can dis jump up but as soon as pendulum does it its wrong??
also when he asked him wat he thinks of dnb why couldnt he say wat he liked an not wat he didnt???

As for Elhornet it doesnt really matter, he doesnt like jump up as much as half of the people on this forum that i read every couple of threads.

My sentiments exactly. People cuss jump up aaaaaaalllllllllll the time. The only reason this got posted and made a big deal of is because its someone from Pendulum.

That is a fucking jokes video

John B is a joker

El Hornet has a point

There is alot more shit jump up being made, played and released than any other sub genre of drum and bass

Noisia's piano version of block control was a crack up

ps. lol at sub focus' 'stfu john' face

hahaha i noticed that too, but you gota remember he's baby out of the group thats probably why john gave him a little grief, acting like he was jokin but really i think he was taking the piss.

Sub Focus is a legend, no doubt :)

My sentiments exactly. People cuss jump up aaaaaaalllllllllll the time. The only reason this got posted and made a big deal of is because its someone from Pendulum.

Your right, but also because it's not usually someone who is associated with the scene, in a way, and filmed.

And please, i'm not jumping on the Pendulum hate bandwagon, i love some of their tunes and always will.

What grates on me is the fact that he makes his bread and butter from playing at raves/clubs and what not and then says that the sound thats primarily played at these raves/clubs is dead when i think it's far from it and i'm not a massive massive lover of it....and i think the thousands that rave to it each and every week will agree!

I'm just airing my opinion Wobbie.

Last edited:
what u have to realise it that the dnb scene in london with kool fm and that is different to everywhere else in the world, most are just blind to it.
Theres a big difference from playing on a friday in london and eastern europe on a saturday - i mean a different box of records.
If johnb prefers playing abroad- and hes not the only one- then good luck to him

and before he made that trance step shit he made tunes like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n1APnNVg38

how can el hornet say jump up all sounds the same, when their last 3 releases have been so similar its unreal. same shitty guitar rifts and shite vocals.

on a similar note, remember that dillinja video from a while back when he was saying that all dnb is sounding the same and ppl need to think out of the box ect.

well god knows how many releases he has had in the last few years with that high pitched melody (3 degree gurns ect...) and the deep bassline

he blazes OS in all his sets, when im pretty sure thats the kind of producers he was aiming his opinions at.

just a thought

edit...im not slating him cos i love his music btw....just thought of it when i watched this video

Right... first of all...

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOT ON ABOUT????

The guy from pendulum said "jump up is dead".... well.... lets be honest... if its not dead then its dying very slowly.... with every tom dick and harry deciding they can bang out a jump up tune.... its bound to die.... flood the market with bullshit and the gold wont be able to shine through quite so easy..... now before you highly strung little boys decide to start gunning me.... im not saying jump-up is shit... in fact its sick....

the problem is... record labels have lost alot of quality control.

As for all you others saying bullshit about Noisia being shit blah bvlah blah..... go fukin check yo self before yo reck yo self.... suppose you think DJ Pleasure has the best production??

And as for people not knowing who John fukin B is...... you lot need to take a step back and go educate yourselves..... you lot know nothing about dnb.... in fact if i was you id be pretty ashamed.... no go educate ---> http://www.john-b.com/site/about/

if carlsberg done dnb posts this would prolly be it

PROBABLY THE BEST POST IVE SEEN SINCE IV BIN HERE BIG THE FUCK UP!!!!!

I agree. He did have a point and the only reason people pointed this out is cause hes associated with pendulum

John B- respect him as a musician, but I would punch him in the face in real life because of the type of asshole he is.

I was just listening to some stuff from the early 2000s (namely Midnight (Un-Cut)) how do you go from that to jump-up? But if you examine it..it is a England thing. Cause in Europe, its more neuro and in the U.S. its neuro and liquid. In England, the big thing is just jump. It'll pass and then it'll get good quality wise, and everyone will find something else to hate .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom