Brofski's Hip Hop News Thread

This is true, it's a step in the right direction. American Gangste was terrible. I'm interested to hear the whole album.

You heard the new Doom?

Yeh, the new Doom was alright.

Not as good as his other stuff, but there's some real nice tracks on there.

There's some completely skippable tunes too though.

But Doom to me is up there with the best.

True that, I was waiting for the madvillain albunm to drop in 2007. Still waiting though.

Fortunately madlib produces more tracks than I've had hot dinners so there's always something new and good from the stones throw camp.

Do you listen Deviation?

Yeh, have you seen how many tracks he's produced? It's ridiculous. His other acts are sick too. Quasimoto is ranomd but quality. He speeds his voice up to get that sound, which means he must spit real slow in the first place. Yesterday's New Quintet it clever too. Him producing tracks which is supposed to be a jazz band playing.

For me, Madlib is the best producer by a bit, followed by J Dilla. But then nobody is close to them. Black Milk and 9th Wonder are sick too.

Stones Throw is my favourite record label by far. Doom, Dilla, Madlib, Guilty Simpson, MED, Dudley Perkins etc etc

I used to love my hip hop and drum and bass has just killed it for me.. Last album I bought was about 2 years ago... Can't even remember what.. I did check out that new Mos Def cd though and it seemed alright.. Need to get back on top of it

Yeh, have you seen how many tracks he's produced? It's ridiculous. His other acts are sick too. Quasimoto is ranomd but quality. He speeds his voice up to get that sound, which means he must spit real slow in the first place. Yesterday's New Quintet it clever too. Him producing tracks which is supposed to be a jazz band playing.

For me, Madlib is the best producer by a bit, followed by J Dilla. But then nobody is close to them. Black Milk and 9th Wonder are sick too.

Stones Throw is my favourite record label by far. Doom, Dilla, Madlib, Guilty Simpson, MED, Dudley Perkins etc etc

Precise wordagery maine!Agreed.

Any news? currently listening to cunninlynguists strange journey vol 1... nothing but strangeness feat. looptroop is sickest shit ive heard in a while.

vol 2 is out soon yes? so bummed i missed em live in stockholm :/

"For me, Madlib is the best producer by a bit, followed by J Dilla. But then nobody is close to them. Black Milk and 9th Wonder are sick too".

For me Premier is the best there's ever been, can instantly recognise his beats. But if you chuck Pete Rock and Large Professor in there i'm agreeing with you on them artists.

Anyone know what dilated peoples is up to?
They need to release bangers like 'worst comes to worst' and 'you cant hide you cant ride'

Isn't Evidence doin alot of solo stuff? No idea what's happening group wise but just seen that knocking about so assumed they were working on solo projects at the minute?

Dunno how much of this has been posted but:
Ghost just released a free ep you can pick up here.
DJIQ's new mixtape 'Flashing Lights' just dropped 2 days ago I think it was.
Verbal Contract out of Leeds just released their debut EP 'Literary Voices', sound sick at first glance but I haven't picked it up yet.

Oh and Dante Ross has some jokes stories to tell in 'Hip Hop History 101' over on this skate site called the Berricks. Check out all the episodes here

Oh and RJD2's giving out alot of free mp3s on his website. Every monday it's either a free mp3 or a competition for an old dubplate etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom