Break loops questions

Discussion in 'Production' started by filtronstacks, Oct 13, 2015.

1. filtronstacks

filtronstacks Member

Recently got a few samples of looped breaks (via loopmasters and a few free ones) - is it frowned upon to just use them as they are in a track? Should they only be used if you've changed them up a bit first?
    Cheers

2. thedjnifty

thedjnifty Well-Known Member

If it sounds good, do it.

A lot of the breaks you'll find in sample packs are classic jungle breaks that will pretty much never get old and are always acceptable to just chuck straight in I think.

Sure, originality is always a plus but if you're feeling the break as it is from the get-go then why not.

Don't limit yourself unneccessarily by worrying about anything that's frowned upon, if you're feeling it then go for it!

3. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Derelicts Of Tomorrow Breaksmith

i don't think it's ever acceptable to simply chuck in a break and use it as is... it will be way too thin sounding. you need to layer it with single hits, or other breaks at the very, very least

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

just do what you want man
    obviously tweak them as needed to fit your specific need etc
    but just do what sounds good

Mania likes this.
  5. Gamgee20

Gamgee20 New Member

This x100. I have recently embraced this kinda thinking (where as before I wanted to create everything from scratch etc) and as a result I am enjoying my sessions so much more and making great progress as I am not getting stuck for weeks trying to get that ride groove just right or what ever.

6. filtronstacks

filtronstacks Member

Cheers all - had a break that fitted perfectly with a track (over the drum pattern I already had).