Break - Break RAM EP

definitely has got better tunes though for real. just laughing at the haters.

fair play.
he's raised the bar so high for himself that sometimes it won't be enough when he just releases a good tune rather than a very good one

if you look at his back catalog,

every time hes releasing a big big tune (like slow down for example) hes got a standard break roller (or 4) to back it up, the guy is like 2 producers in one or something coz he writes so much god damn music, some of it is remarkable, and some it is just very good, hes been releasing these standard type of rollers for his WHOLE career

just look at this list of tunes hes been writing, only half of them surface as classics, ofcourse he saves the good tracks for his album!!

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Break

you are right in a way, because you have come to expect far too much from him. Not every tune he writes is a slow down, which is what makes some of his most original work so exceptional...

Last edited:
break is a powerhouse. the amount of output the guy has, his worst stuff is better than anything achievable by 95% of producers. Theres no arguing if you look at his output rate that nearly ALL other producers would have flopped it a long time before now!!

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

if you look at his back catalog,

every time hes releasing a big big tune (like slow down for example) hes got a standard break roller (or 4) to back it up, the guy is like 2 producers in one or something coz he writes so much god damn music, some of it is remarkable, and some it is just very good, hes been releasing these standard type of rollers for his WHOLE career

just look at this list of tunes hes been writing, only half of them surface as classics, ofcourse he saves the good tracks for his album!!

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Break

chill out!
don't think anyone doubted he is one of the best producers considering the sheer quantity and quality of his releases.

I agree with James that Resistance merked it...it was always going to be a hard act to follow because it was so good.

i am chilled out :)

i just dont like these pre-concived ideas of "that isnt good enough"

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

hmmm yeah they're just average to good at best by Break's standards, shows how much we've come to expect from him

actually this sums it up much easier lol, sorry if i annoyed you stu!

oh i didn't say it wasn't good enough (if i did i didn't mean it like that), like most people say its better than what most other producers will ever produce.

but because i have a lot of other break bits that i personally feel are a lot better i probably won't bag this, because otherwise i'd end up with a set just full of break tunes!
(which would be awesome but there has to be some diversity)

i think the fact that people like me and flicky don't rate these that highly as "break tunes" is a tribute to the man

oh i didn't say it wasn't good enough (if i did i didn't mean it like that), like most people say its better than what most other producers will ever produce.

but because i have a lot of other break bits that i personally feel are a lot better i probably won't bag this, because otherwise i'd end up with a set just full of break tunes!
(which would be awesome but there has to be some diversity)

i think the fact that people like me and flicky don't rate these that highly as "break tunes" is a tribute to the man

all good.. my bad bro tbh, sory!! misunderstanding as usual hahah
:)

ram is more mainstream these days, hopefully this will get a lot of attention and perhaps people who wouldn't normally have thought to bag break's whole back catalogue will do so.

Haha just what I was thinking. Hot Love is CLASSIC Break as well....

You know it. It's got mad groove and a swing to it that only Break can bring

it makes me laugh that some people say this isnt good. Break's production skills are of a level most people will never achieve in their entire lifetime.

Thank you! Someone else in this thread speaking some sense

God knows how some people have come to the conclusion these are 'average' Break tunes. Jesus...

God knows how some people have come to the conclusion these are 'average' Break tunes. Jesus...

Maybe because 'some people' have listened to most of his stuff and can form the opinion that compared to the rest of his back catalogue these track can be described as slightly average.

Not Get Hot though, Get Hot is beastly!

Don't forget those clips in the first post are slightly old. No doubt Break's gone in on them in the studio and touched them up (no homo) / added stuff to them. He knows what he's doing. ;)

Eager to hear audio for all of the tracks without anything being mixed in to them or out of them. 'Hot Love' has been a firm favourite of mine for a while now, looking forward to that dropping.

As far as no Symmetry EP's go, this is really good. His Shogun EP was not that great at all really.

Breakfast is murder, a great DJ weapon.
Hot Love is massive.

Who knows about the 4th

As far as no Symmetry EP's go, this is really good. His Shogun EP was not that great at all really.

Breakfast is murder, a great DJ weapon.
Hot Love is massive.

Who knows about the 4th

His shogun ep was one of his worst releases. This is a whole lot better than that

His shogun ep was one of his worst releases. This is a whole lot better than that

Huh. I really like Winter Sun and Let it Happen VIP. Still play them out occasionally (especially Let it Happen, it's great to tease)

Huh. I really like Winter Sun and Let it Happen VIP. Still play them out occasionally (especially Let it Happen, it's great to tease)

Sorry mate but let it happen original mix wins everytime! Love those pads half way through as well!

Back
Top Bottom