boom boom boom - let me hear u say COMPO

I'd deffo be up for joining in on this. Might help cure the creativity dry spell I seem to be enduring.

need a seagull sample - ka kaaa
and im being super serial
Think I have a beach sample with seagulls in it from the record your own comp. Also have some river sounds, tap running, etc if that's useful. And I'll put my hand up and say it, I actually recorded the sound of myself taking a dump, but that's been Logikz banned already :D

ok! alright! so:

the water compo!

concept: water!

style: has to be dnb somehow, dubstep is accepted too i suppose. but water in some capacity.

samplepack: joint effort by dibby and elmar, dibby how are you going, are you about ready? elmar can you see me on msn yet?

additional twist: you can record your own vocals. whispering, singing, talking, rapping, anything you can think of, but it has to be original recordings of a person vocalising on the mic, so no sampling acapellas or other songs or the tv or radio, and no turning your sampled vocals into synths or effects or similar. vocoder is allowed as long as you retain a certain vocal quality to the sound.

deadline: three weeks to a month from launch i think should do it, depending on how many submissions we get.

prize: i dont know, i put up the prize last time, can anyone else suggest something? except for hoes, big money, big fat chronic sacks and an AK-47 and so forth, which admittedly are all good prizes, just not practical, you cant even send a hoe through the post.

im going to count everyones who said they are in so far and list them, and i just spoke to vidual who says hes in too! so were looking good so far

http://soundcloud.com/dnbforum-production-crew

I made this page that we could use if you want, I know there is one for compos but I been thinking we could have one that has the top 5 or 10 tunes from members each month, the odd free sample etc and if we incorporated the compos, sort of put everything in one place we might build up a few followers. Need a couple of people to volunteer as moderators, and I'd upgrade to a lite account if you think the idea has potential.
Also made this http://soundcloud.com/groups/dnbforum-production-section group that you should all join and share all your tracks, more of a free for all, everyone invited group hug thing.

Always keen for a compo :) underwater and 10 bpm sound particularly weird and inspired. Tricky too.

Oh, also made an email dnbforum@live.com that we can use too for all things production if you want.

dude, awesome, i didnt see this post! nice one man, its going to be really useful. so we got that sorted then, great. can you PM the judges the login info, once we decide on whos doing what? and to me, as im hosting i guess, but im not judiging, for i intend on making water drum and bass with the rest of yous, its starting to sound pretty fun actually. unless you want to host it. or what we can host it together, what do you say old boy!

ah thats right, we need judges, like at least three. a few guys offered to judge in the thread already, didnt they? brb got to read thread

im down for this, despite only a few months experience in my DAW of choice.

been lacking inspiration so this could be 'fun'...i hate that word.

so far we have the following people on board,
only listing the people who has explicitly said theyre in:

jimbo
system800
vidual
elmar
marlkar
elzerk
me
modern (judge?)
groelle
attire
mr fletch
subprime
miszt (judge?)
IV4 (judge?)
equilibrum
salvus
bad ace
sweaty teddy
armed
spyre looks like he can be convinced too.
sulihn
evezdroppin
Reactor Girls
cem
greenflydnb
labrat

so 20 guys +, which equals mad playaz really, are in! biggles!

with this kind of support we could go live next week if we get the judges and the samplepack sorted , its only like thats all we need to do and then its go-time!!
its going to be brutal aquatic drum and bass compo. nautical techno compo. wavey wobbly deep sea bass, or perhaps smattering waterfall drums, or why not indeed a conceptual tune about a a a civilization on the bottom of the sea. german merman vocals. could be fun, you know.

naturally, judges cant compete. so once everyone is done, its an open public poll, where you can see whos voted for what (not allowed to vote for yourself), and then the three top tunes go to the judges for review. there will be one winner and one public favorite. the prize goes to the judges winner but the public fave, hes held in high regard amongst the 40 odd voters this usually attracts. we should promote the voting part this time so we get more voters, everybody put the link to the voting thread in your sigs when its time. right? cos last time we didnt promote it at all and there werent that many votes, which is a shame really.

Last edited:
so far we have the following people on board,
only listing the people who has explicitly said theyre in:

jimbo
system800
vidual
elmar
marlkar
elzerk
me
modern (judge?)
groelle
attire
mr fletch
subprime
miszt (judge?)
IV4 (judge?)
equilibrum
salvus
bad ace
sweaty teddy
armed
spyre looks like he can be convinced too.
so 20 guys are in, so far!

with this kind of support we could go live next week if we get the judges and the samplepack sorted , its only like thats all we need to do and then its go-time!!
its going to be brutal aquatic drum and bass compo. nautical techno compo. wavey wobbly deep sea bass, or perhaps smattering waterfall drums, or why not indeed a conceptual tune about a a a civilization on the bottom of the sea. german merman vocals. could be fun, you know.

naturally, judges cant compete. so once everyone is done, its an open public poll, where you can see whos voted for what (not allowed to vote for yourself), and then the three top tunes go to the judges for review. there will be one winner and one public favorite. the prize goes to the judges winner but the public fave, hes held in high regard amongst the 40 odd voters this usually attracts. we should promote the voting part this time so we get more voters, everybody put the link to the voting thread in your sigs when its time. right? cos last time we didnt promote it at all and there werent that many votes, which is a shame really.

great - count me in - for judging that is

Last edited:
nice one modern! cheers for that, you will get a PM with login details in the coming days i imagine. alternatively, you will get the finalists all in 320 kbps emailed when its time for you to do the do.

nice one modern! cheers for that, you will get a PM with login details in the coming days i imagine. alternatively, you will get the finalists all in 320 kbps emailed when its time for you to do the do.

i'll be waiting, i'm always on here lol

me too dude. i suck. transitional period is what id like to think of it as. as in a transition from living to dead.

yeah, i've got nothing to do with my time so i'm always on here refreshing every minute to see if someones posted something new in waffle, or production and new talent, lol

life well spent, though :lol:

no such thing as too many entries, great to hear youre in sulihin!

yeah...
life well spent, though :lol:

oh yeah dude, totally, its like a tampon commercial. BUT hey look on the bright side, getting mortally addicted to internet forums still beats tv! this is something i am convinced of. at least there is that. anyway im gonna cry until i black out now, its four in the morning on this side of the atlantic. you are american i take it.

Back
Top Bottom