boom boom boom - let me hear u say COMPO

thank you dirty breaks! awesome we have a sample pack maker but you wont believe this, PMd system800 and hes interested!!!! WORD. IS. SPONGE.
also talked to miszt and hes in as a judge and whatever else he feels like. this is looking real good.

basically a compo means a samplepack and a deadline. who can make the best tune, but i think its been fun to add more constraints like a concept like future music or similar.

what do we have so far,

one sample contest (one dick per person)
one synth contest, which would be fun but admittedly hard to figure out
jungle compo without samplepack
oldschool techstep compo with samplepack
underwater music compo (totally awesome)
10 bpm compo
invent a new genre but thats a bit shifty cos it has to be dnb too. somehow. or dubsteps, apparently.

aaaaaand what else. do we have more?

a sample pack and make watever kind of dnb you want would be the best i recon

145 bpm madness
but dont forget the sticks
you'll definitely need the sticks

Curious - what's underwater music? Never heard of this before lol. Guessing a lot of reverb and delay, etc.? lol

http://soundcloud.com/dnbforum-production-crew

I made this page that we could use if you want, I know there is one for compos but I been thinking we could have one that has the top 5 or 10 tunes from members each month, the odd free sample etc and if we incorporated the compos, sort of put everything in one place we might build up a few followers. Need a couple of people to volunteer as moderators, and I'd upgrade to a lite account if you think the idea has potential.
Also made this http://soundcloud.com/groups/dnbforum-production-section group that you should all join and share all your tracks, more of a free for all, everyone invited group hug thing.

Always keen for a compo :) underwater and 10 bpm sound particularly weird and inspired. Tricky too.

Oh, also made an email dnbforum@live.com that we can use too for all things production if you want.

Last edited:
I'll put my hand up to help moderate, considering I'm usually on this every day, all day - hitting refresh constantly, lol

nice one everybody, sooooo am i right in thinking underwater music has a lot of support right now? its a tad weird though, do you not agree, think anybody would submit anything? i think everyone would try something but come up with bupkiss probably?

nice one everybody, sooooo am i right in thinking underwater music has a lot of support right now? its a tad weird though, do you not agree, think anybody would submit anything? i think everyone would try something but come up with bupkiss probably?

I don't even know what underwater music is, really. I'd give anything a go, though. I think for the rest of the people, it depends on the prize for how much enthusiasm they might get

Any way I could participate some how as a judge? I still can't write any music and would like to think in the almost year I have not written music, I still post honestly on other people's tracks in the dnb forum.

Any way I could participate some how as a judge? I still can't write any music and would like to think in the almost year I have not written music, I still post honestly on other people's tracks in the dnb forum.

vouch for IV4

his feedback is most times spot on

So... bring a laptop in the pool and make some choonage underwater? Is that what we're getting at?

basicly underwater yes. just samples of whales and sea shells and shit. some beach stuff and under water stuff. porper atmospheric david atinbourough vibe pads and sexy low passed kick drums. fucking win.

if you wanna sample pack let me know and i can put one up for trial. let me know before it is beer friday.

If it's gonna be underwater the samplepack should have at least one whale sound to make the bassline from. And the seashells, fucking win. Could result in deeepest tunes.

Back
Top Bottom