Anyone booked or know anyone that's booked Sub Focus recently?

This is a refreshing answer. You can call me what you want but I honestly don't see why any DJ would turn down a gig if the money was there. It's arrogant, elitist and not good business. Maybe if you're a millionaire and you don't need to worry about the future any more. But how many people have that luxury eh?

yea tbh if its a paying gig.. its a paying gig regardless of venue etc. i think the only time this will ever be a problem is if u try and book em to play down ur local boozer.

I think the whole elitist - up them selves "I wont play anywhere with less than 1000 people" is the kind of attitude u get with big house/dance/ponsycrapshitinyourearsmusic artists tbh

This is a refreshing answer. You can call me what you want but I honestly don't see why any DJ would turn down a gig if the money was there. It's arrogant, elitist and not good business. Maybe if you're a millionaire and you don't need to worry about the future any more. But how many people have that luxury eh?

If this night is guna be held at the Chapel where Andy played last year/year before then Im pretty sure you wont have any problems gettin Sub Focus. I saw pictures from that night as my mate Kirk played before Andy and it was rammo, so I guess it'll be a win win for your mate!

Get the ball rolling with the agent and lock this thread (y)

If this night is guna be held at the Chapel where Andy played last year/year before then Im pretty sure you wont have any problems gettin Sub Focus. I saw pictures from that night as my mate Kirk played before Andy and it was rammo, so I guess it'll be a win win for your mate!

Get the ball rolling with the agent and lock this thread (y)

I would actually be interested in seeing those photos if you have access to them Russla? I remember talking to you about it at the time it went down.

Buuuuut on the other side of things, is your 18 year old kid booking sub focus for his first night gonna be able to afford to stump up another 2k to pay him out of his own pocket when not enough people come in the door and he doesn't get anywhere near breaking even? Djs/Agents don't wanna have to end up taking people to court.
Also, how are the nights who've been putting in graft from day dot, really supporting the scene and helping artists like this get to where they are now, gonna feel if some new kid on the block just turns up with bags of money but no vision or idea, just out to make money, and books all the biggest artists?

I'm not really arguing for either side here, but there are reasons.

Last edited:
Sub Focus played in Yeovil which is around the same size as Salisbury and it's a shit hole so don't see why it would be a problem. I didn't go though so have no idea how busy it was and no idea how much it cost but by the sounds of it probably not cheap.

and how come promoters that have booked him for years wont be able to book him?

i said that only the long term promoters in the city that have booked him number of times previously are able to book him

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

It certainly depends on how big the club and to the actual break even. You can surely not get a 1000 people just with AMC headlining.

Andy was around 3.5k, Friction is probably a bit underneath in the range of 2.5k. Not sure tho if these figures are still right... C&S are probably alot more these days then 4.5k. They have/had mainstream success plus they've been working with international stars and are signed to a major label. I doubt they will play anywhere for under 5k.

current price

CHASE & STATUS DJ SET - £5,000-££6,000 (they only do live at festivals now)
SUB FOCUS - £3000
ANDY C & GQ - £3300 inc VAT (you pretty much have to have gq play with him now)
NERO - £3000
FRICTION - £1200 (i had him play for me at shogun, its he's cheaper if u put on shogun
BROOKES BROTHERS - £900
CAMO & KROOKED - £1100
DJ FRESH - £2000
DANNY BYRD - £1600

if anyone wants to know how much to offer, send me a pm

I don't understand the point of booking a big name to DJ anyway? Especially in a new place, they probably won't be any better than your average dj, and all they're doing is playing everyone's shit. It's not like you have to book Sub Focus to hear Sub Focus...

^^its a valid point, i mean the big name DJs dont have to impress an audience with their mixing skills, they just have to turn up (Paying for their face???:S). There will only be a select few that will be giving thought and critic towards their mixing ability and presence behind the booth, Who are those people? Your residents and locals to the night your holding, so if you have none of that, the nights just popped outta the blue and you want to book a big name regardless..go for cheap up and coming DJs, signed or unsigned they are gonna put on a decent night...and if you can pull in a crowd for a big name, you can do the same whoever is on the flyer. Just gotta work harder IMO. anyway those be my thoughts :)

i said that only the long term promoters in the city that have booked him number of times previously are able to book him

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

current price

SUB FOCUS - £3000
NERO - £3000
FRICTION - £1200 (i had him play for me at shogun, its he's cheaper if u put on shogun
BROOKES BROTHERS - £900
CAMO & KROOKED - £1100
DJ FRESH - £2000
DANNY BYRD - £1600

No disrespect but you will get asked to remove this from someone pretty soon im sure. I got a personal message from the actual artist in question last time I did this! But those prices are outrageous for some of those! C&K £1100 / Danny Byrd £1600 - Be-fucking-have, i'd book Friction anyday of the week!!

current price

SUB FOCUS - £3000
NERO - £3000
BROOKES BROTHERS - £900
CAMO & KROOKED - £1100
DJ FRESH - £2000
DANNY BYRD - £1600

very interesting, we had nero about a month back at a local night but it was just one of them, basically doubling their earnings per night, the other guy was at at stealth in nottingham i think for the brookes brothers album launch. his set was class but it's well cheeky considering they advertise both of them on flyers etc. those prices... just goes to show its not all about mixing talent

these prices are madness, i used to help put on local rock gigs around the leighton buzzard area, having bands like don-broco play, who have got tunes playing on daytime radio1 these days, and they'd only ask £150 to headline

No disrespect but you will get asked to remove this from someone pretty soon im sure. I got a personal message from the actual artist in question last time I did this! But those prices are outrageous for some of those! C&K £1100 / Danny Byrd £1600 - Be-fucking-have, i'd book Friction anyday of the week!!

none taken, your probably right, ive just finished promoting after 4 years tho so dont really care what agents think of me now...most of them are pricks anyway.. respect to the artists tho, just trying to give a helping hand to any newbie promoters out there that are interested and dont wanna get ripped off

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

camo & krooked are definitly worht £1100, they have more crowd pulling ability than some djs who charge twice that much

Back
Top Bottom