Alix Perez - 1985

Dogger & Mindstate - The Time Is Yours EP (around 17th July)

a1. The Time Is Yours
a2. Don't Hurt Me
b1. Devil In Me
b2. Holding Back

1985 Music Onef026

still waiting on that Visages EP!

still waiting on that Visages EP!

Now waiting on the next release :teeth:

Mostly timid rolling liquid... No thanks. Another let down for me on the label. Please bring it back like at the start of the year 1985!! You lot might see that Alix LP sooner than expected too

Visages - About You EP (around 14th August)

A1. Visages & Laville - About You
A2. Visages - Amaryllis
B1. Visages - Early Morning
B2. Visages & Skylark - Empire

1985 Onef029

Now waiting on the next release :teeth:

Mostly timid rolling liquid... No thanks. Another let down for me on the label. Please bring it back like at the start of the year 1985!! You lot might see that Alix LP sooner than expected too

Visages - About You EP (around 14th August)

A1. Visages & Laville - About You
A2. Visages - Amaryllis
B1. Visages - Early Morning
B2. Visages & Skylark - Empire

1985 Onef029

I kinda agree...I like their EP's where there's a nice balance of the liquid stuff with the grittier bangers, so there's a tune for all occasions. All 4 of these tunes are nice, but nothing really standing out from 1st listen...hmmmm. Alix is moving to NZ so I'll have a word with him when he gets here ;)

I kinda agree...I like their EP's where there's a nice balance of the liquid stuff with the grittier bangers, so there's a tune for all occasions. All 4 of these tunes are nice, but nothing really standing out from 1st listen...hmmmm. Alix is moving to NZ so I'll have a word with him when he gets here ;)

I like it when the EPs and LPs are a bit more well balanced too. Cesco + some of Monty and Alix's EPs on the label (and you could argue Fracture and Bredren's too) being the exceptions, with some being 3 or more heavy filthy rollers

Heard that he's moving there as well from a friend

I haven’t bought a single alix perez tune since I got his strawberry scented chroma chords LP box set from shogun.

I say this loud
I say this proud

:trump:

I like it when the EPs and LPs are a bit more well balanced too. Cesco + some of Monty and Alix's EPs on the label (and you could argue Fracture and Bredren's too) being the exceptions, with some being 3 or more heavy filthy rollers

Heard that he's moving there as well from a friend

Interesting discussion point fellas. I'm actually of the complete opposite opinion. I want the soulful liquid rollers, & their slightly heavier take on them. I'm not really interested in their take on the heavier minimal style. If I want that there are 1000 other artists I can turn too, but Alix & Monty's soulful stuff cannot be touched. Really the only stuff on par with their soulful work is what's being released on North Quarter, & from time to time on Spearhead & Integral.

I guess 1985 has both of our preferences covered

Interesting discussion point fellas. I'm actually of the complete opposite opinion. I want the soulful liquid rollers, & their slightly heavier take on them. I'm not really interested in their take on the heavier minimal style. If I want that there are 1000 other artists I can turn too, but Alix & Monty's soulful stuff cannot be touched. Really the only stuff on par with their soulful work is what's being released on North Quarter, & from time to time on Spearhead & Integral.

yeah you've nailed it - EP's that keep everyone happy is a good way to go from them.

I think Halogenix's latest on Critical is a great example (albeit Dragonforce is maybe a tad heavier than 1985 tunage) - something for everyone on an EP

You'll love Alix's new EP / mini-LP then - it's pretty much all of that style.
INB4 "audio?" - not sure if there's any, but probably some bits are floating around in his mixes online.

INB4 "audio?" - not sure if there's any, but probably some bits are floating around in his mixes online.

Jmz said there's 5 of the tunes I.D.ed in some of Scotty's recent lockdown mixes

Looks like Perez has an album coming out for 1985 #30. Going off Doc Scotts mix series, so far he has played these tunes with the catalogue numbers ONEF030

Blurred Lines
Aint Nothing
Someone Else
Perfect Stranger feat Halogenix
Distant Figures feat Workforce

Plus he probably plays most of them in here...

I haven’t bought a single alix perez tune since I got his strawberry scented chroma chords LP box set from shogun.

I say this loud
I say this proud

:trump:

So, although they're collabs, prove you're a good person by confriming that picked up Elephant Dreams and The Ladders :teeth:

I post this to prove I'm a good person

Alix Perez - "Without End" is my biggest solo project since my second album released in 2013. This mini LP was written to be listened to as a whole, as a body of work. I revisited a sound that I'm known for, deep & soulful Drum and Bass. "Without End" is a collection of perpetual tones for motion. This LP intends to create emotion and feeling, however it may be interpreted by the listener. The amazing art is by Ukranian painter BURENKO - His take on one of my press shots. I'm really proud of this project and excited for you all to listen to it.
Full release 18.09.2020 // Pre-order tomorrow.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1599078786258.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599078786258.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 148
  • FB_IMG_1599078962811.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599078962811.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom